• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Nasty: Part 2

Share your thoughts on Steve Tignor's new article "Mr. Nasty: Part 2"

Sex...doing the Nasty with Ille Nastase

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Share your thoughts on Steve Tignor's new article "Mr. Nasty: Part 2"
    Well it was the late 1960's and the 1970's. It was the Sexual Revolution. You kids should take a seat and let good old don_budge take you back in time...like this other Steve does here in "Mr. Nasty: Part 2". Of course you have to be a little long in the tooth to remember how things were...before the Aids Era. Aids really had a dampening effect on the Revolution.

At any rate...I don't think that "doing the Nasty" was coined after Ille Nastase. But it could have been. What an amusing take on this Prince of Fools. His sex life of all things...his attitudes about sex for crying out loud. Excellent taste. Adventurous. Why not? It's fair game. Instead of forehand technique ...what about foreplay technique. Well it didn't go quite that far. What a riot! But in the end, as the author puts it..."he had played too much, spread himself too thin, and overindulged in the temptations of the road." I think that the bloated facial features are a reflection of living in the fast lane for too long. I am so glad that I didn't have that problem. He had too much fame, too much money. But what a way to go.

Check out those pictures in the article. Classics. What a beautiful man he was. The Brando of tennis. And the way he played tennis...like a superb and imaginative fencer he played with his opponents, he taunted them, he drove them to the cusp of madness until mercifully he applied the final cut with such an ironic vengeance. It was not enough to slay them, he had to drive them to their wits end first. He reminds me of someone. He was sort of a role model for young tennis players of that era. Ooops! I've given myself away. Unfortunately I think I sort of fell into that category. My frat brothers at Ohio University, Beta Theta Pi used to call me "Nasty". Maybe it was just the long dark hair and swarthy looks.

But just imagine...how he must of made those ladies feel. He must of really fucked with their heads too. He had a real proclivity for such behavior. Just imagine if he was willing to do what he did to his male opponents in public what he must of been like behind closed doors. "When you visit a beach each week, why take a bucket of sand with you from the last beach?" he asked. Indeed. This is revealing. What a clown! A real modern Don Juan...tennis player, like a fencer the swordsman in the boudoir. I am telling you there is much more to this story.

But do we really want to go there. Why not? A couple of things about this story...a couple of more thoughts. The pictures for one. I love the one at the top. "Who me? I am just a poor Romanian trying to make a living!" The third one down with each hand filled with one his lovely's ripe melons...sweet action Nasty Boy. Scrolling down to the one of he and Connor's hyping their bad boy image. I witnessed the two nasties giving each other a hump in the butt on some grass courts in New Jersey in 1972 or so. A real class act those two. Don Budge was a bit aghast...but he was amused no less! I can still see the expression on his face. He did have a sense of humor after all. A delightful guy...Don was. Scroll down a bit further...Nasty hitting what appears to be a backhand volley. Truly an artist with that Dunlop Maxply. Such deft and delicate touch, sneaky madness, he knew how to caress the tennis ball with his racquet. He was a sexy tennis player. The sexiest that I can recall. Maybe Adriano Pannata gave him a run for his money in that department. But I doubt it. Ille had too much play in him. He was not to be outdone. Finally there is a pic of Arthur Ashe...the straight man to Nastase's nemesis imp. What a beautiful shot of Ashe on the forehand volley. You just don't see volley technique like that any more. Arthur was a beautiful guy too. So soft spoken. So polite. A real credit to his race. The human race.

So finally. You have heard of a bimbo...perhaps a derogatory term for a somewhat dimwitted female, generally too good looking for her own good. Perhaps a little sexually promiscuous...often not of her own fault, just lacking in the mental acumen to have the necessary instincts in the mating dance...the ritual of love. May I introduce the term "bombi" the male counterpart to the bimbo. Allow me to introduce my poster boy...Ille Nastase aka Nasty.
    Last edited by don_budge; 06-29-2012, 11:01 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Mr. Nasty

Steve, this is a nice summary of Chapter Ten Mr. Nasty from your book High Strung. I have used this Chapter to sell your book to my friends. It makes for nice comic relief vis-a-vis that intense rivalry of Borg and McEnroe. Regards, Pedro

Comment

Can you imagine anyone hiding under the rear tarp today? Or arguing for 10 minutes? HE played with opponent hatred, and lost his soul to the one sole purpose: win at all costs. I wonder what it was like to play him while he called the lines? Honor:0 Winning: 1

Who do you think Mac took lessons from? A dishonorable win is still a win.

Comment

Tiriac

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
          Can you imagine anyone hiding under the rear tarp today? Or arguing for 10 minutes? HE played with opponent hatred, and lost his soul to the one sole purpose: win at all costs. I wonder what it was like to play him while he called the lines? Honor:0 Winning: 1

Who do you think Mac took lessons from? A dishonorable win is still a win.

And Nasty learnt everything he knew from Tiriac.....who was nothing short of a scoundrel and a crook on a tennis court.
          Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4563 users online. 5 members and 4558 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X