X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Strokes: Esaam Ismail: Serve

Love to hear what people thought about Your Strokes: Esaam Ismail: Serve

John Yandell

He has a problem that a lot of people have that you didn't really address: When he makes contact with the ball he is actually on his way down. You will notice that Fed is slightly ascending as he makes contact. This is a problem I notice a lot on the amateur level. Any thoughts? Maybe this could be another "reference point" to use.

Comment

Interesting! Will investigate...

Comment

I just looked at it again and noted that it is not bad on the initial, "bad" serve but is definitely worse on the two "improved" serves near the bottom of the article.

Comment

Interesting--hadn't noticed. But I'll still take that improved contact point and classical windup...

Comment

Quirky...but moving in the right direction!

Excellent progress! The initial efforts were rather "quirky" to say the least. The move towards a more classic backswing is definitely a step in the right direction. My next move would be in his set up which may help him to further smoothing out the process. It will be interesting to see your next area of focus.

On the whole...if it were me, I would of been quite ecstatic if this were the result of a one hour lesson...even two or three.

Run away service motions are perhaps the biggest challenge for a tennis coach and this one had definitely run away. Can you somehow post his before and after efforts here together in this thread?
            Last edited by don_budge; 10-23-2011, 09:54 PM.
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Great lesson! You've done it again John.
              Rich

Comment

John,

It was awesome to see and read the article on my serve! thanks again so much for everything, our session was extremely helpful for my forehand and serve.

Esaam

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3576 users online. 4 members and 3572 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X