Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Open Letter to BTCA Coaches (now TennisCoachUK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter to BTCA Coaches (now TennisCoachUK)

An Open Letter to BTCA Coaches (now TennisCoachUK)

It’s been a pleasure to have the British Tennis Coaches on Tennisplayer for the last year. We have had thousands and thousands of logins, and I have appreciated all the great feedback. I also very much enjoyed speaking at your conference in England this summer and meeting and corresponding with so many committed and talented coaches.

That’s why I was surprised and I must say saddened to read these words in a recent TennisCoachUK newsletter:

“Following the LTA decision to outbid TennisCoachUK for member access to Tennisplayer.net, members have one month left to access the site before our agreement with tennisplayer.net runs out.”

This is not accurate. TennisCoachUK was offered the option to renew for 2010 at the exact same cost as in 2009, an offer TennisCoachUK declined.

Furthermore, TennisCoachUK was not “outbid” by the LTA.

The LTA was offered the precise same cost structure offered to TennisCoachUK. Unlike TennisCoachUK, the LTA accepted.

From the point of TennisCoachUK I can understand the wisdom of not paying for a benefit that the LTA would soon provide its members. As I understand it, TennisCoachUK coaches must now also have a LTA certification. So when the LTA Tennisplayer benefit kicks in, sometime in 2009, all TennisCoach UK members will again have access. And I look forward to seeing everyone back then.

However, the implication in the email is something different--that somehow I had abandoned one group for the other based on revenue issues. I have written to Mike Lynch, the TennisCoachUK executive director, and asked him to correct this impression. I also wanted to reach out to the members directly. Feel free to share this information with your fellow members. And if you have thoughts you would like to share directly, you can reach me at jyandell@tennisplayer.net

John Yandell

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2947 users online. 4 members and 2943 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X