X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federer

A post from tennis-warehose.com talk

What Federer can do RIGHT to beat Nadal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*MADRID SPOILERS MAYBE*

Todays match was awesome. I'm very happy Federer won.

I'm watching the highlights and it seems Federer played outstanding today. From what I can see, Federer did a lot of things right today, and it baffled Nadal just a little bit:

I'm looking at highlights, and it looked like Fed did a LOT of things right in that match:

Serving
    was on fire! Thank you Jesus! It failed him in AO2009, but it really was here today. Especially that nasty kick serve! If it wasn't an ace, it set Federer up really well in the rally. It won him a lot of points and save dhim from bps and unfavorable points in the match.

Guarding the backhand.
    Federer made a handful of backhand errors at the start, so he started playing a little safer with it. He started cheating over to his backhand side so he could run around it a lot of the times.

FOREHAND ON
    No need to mention this, it speaks for itself.

DROP SHOT
    He needs to use this more against everyone. It makes for short points, and he hits it the best out of all the players on tour. Murray and Djokovic can learn from this *Roddick has a great forehand dropper though*. It literally stops, and he can just wait for the point to be finished.

He won a couple of points against Nadal today with sick drop shots out of nowhere. It would be a good tactic at the French. See my other topic topic.

Movement
    was on! He was moving really well, like a gazelle. He ran around his backhand really well, and got up to the net very fast. Haven't seen him move this well since AO2009 final or AO2009 vs. Del Potro or USOpen2008 vs. Murray / Djokovic.

Fed described it as a perfect match, I agree.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9692 users online. 10 members and 9682 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X