Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achieve the most confidence.

Have the perfect string job, and the perfect frame for your game:

When you know you have the perfect string, it really helps your confidence. Heavy spin guys, guys who hit flat, all courters, net attackers, big servers, pushers, soft ball fetchers, we all have our own style/combinations. But many of us, don't know enough about string, or frames, to perfect our games according to our strengths and given abilities/likes/styles on court.

Guys who have tens. loss problems, most don't even know about stringing the crosses higher than the mains, which delays tens. loss considerably, and lengthens the sweet spot towards the end of the frame.

Net players, most don't even know about vs team, and how well it holds tens., and how that makes it able to restring the crosses without cutting out the mains ($43 vs team).

Heavy spin players, most don't know about ashaway kevlar 16g, alu hybrid, which produces heavy spin in the most durable combo known to man. 16 x 19 patterns, also produce more spin!

Touch players, who use drops and angles and depth/height as an attack pattern, many don't know about the 18 x 20 patterns, and lay ups, of a flexy stick, that gives more control over this aspect of a string bed response...

Pushers, who don't hit hard, but just use a lull pattern of play, many don't know about the under powered strings out there, which make the ball drop into the court without going long: iso speed control (polyolfelin ribbon), sppp (the best tens. main. string out there besides gut), ashaway kevlar (low power high spin), etc...

Everybody likes different things, frames, strings. Many don't know about the relationship of ra ratings, to depth, and power, and spin.... (RA ratings always drop a few points after stringing the frame, btw..., and you can affect the rating a bit with technique of the job..) Many don't know about the power level of their own string/ or spin level, or depth level, to most suit their own style of play under pressure....The bottom line is, what feels perfect to me, is not going to feel perfect to you, unless you have the same style of play, hit as hard, as fast a swing, as open a pattern....

vs team 17g/blackcode: gave me the best touch/power/feel for volleys.

Barb wire/vs team: gave me the most power.

Full barb wire: gave me the most spin.

Ashaway kevlar 16g/alu gave me the most durability/spin.

Alu/barb wire, gave me the most spin oriented control.

If you like power the most, stiffer frames are more powerful..

If you like control the most, flexy frames are more controllable..

Either can be strung to accent either power or control...Depending on tens. or string bed techniques...
    Looser tens. will give more power. Softer strings like vs team will give more power...

Higher tens. will give more depth control, >hurt your arm more, board up> the bed more, and less power on the serve/volley..

Looser bed mains where contacting the ball, will give greater pocketing, but go long faster tens. loss wise...

Higher tens. on the crosses vs. the mains, will keep the tens. loss down quite a bit..

More mass on the frame will give more depth, pace of shot, and hurt your arm more..

Extended frames will give you more power, less control, less maneuverable at the net...

The bottom line, is, it's a very fine line, to find the right tens., string, frame for your style of play.. ONly a few lbs can mean the diff. between losing due to a loss of confidence, and winning easily with a lot of fun! ONly a few ra points, the same thing...

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8715 users online. 10 members and 8705 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X