Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching frames/string for serve and return game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching frames/string for serve and return game.

I was down 4-0, to Tony Butler, a former open player, and so I switched my frames from serving and returning. I found the pt57a with vs gut/prince syn gut was better for serves, and found his fh return was not as good or varied as his bh return, and the h22 with blue gear ultra/hexablade for returns, was more controlled with more spin than the vs, while the vs string pt57a has more pop on the serve, and then I came back and won 7-5 and he had to go.

I started making more returns, esp. on the bh, and hit more passes cleanly, and the h22 had more spin with blue gear ultra, which caused more volley errors on his part as he comes in on everything. The serves had more power and pace, with the vs. Does anyone else switch back and forth, and if not, why not?

Is it just too hard to get used to different frames/string jobs?

It's unusual to come back against a net rusher, who has a good serve, esp. if switching frames! Kind of an eye opener, when you see, how much difference there was in the two frames/string jobs.

I've often noticed in the past, that one frame feels better for serving and one feels better for returning. Anyone else felt the same? Against Tony, who is a serve volleyer both first and seconds, the return frame with spin string, kept the ball low, while the vs frame, kept the serves deep and had more power, so it made it harder for him to chip and charge! I guess, it depends on who you are playing, and whether they are coming in or not. It also caused some pop ups for my own volley off his chip/charge returns. At least I know how to play him next time, and won't go down 4-0 in the first place. Third time I came back this year from a hole, by sensing which ones to make, and making those adjustments.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8043 users online. 4 members and 8039 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X