Tennis Learning Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis Learning Process

In the process of becoming a better player what should you solidify? What really makes a huge difference when trying to move up a level? This can be different from person to person and opinions different from coaches to coaches but I've been working on technique a lot like swing path, weight transer, stance, which seems to be going well at slower paces but at faster paces pieces of it seems to fall apart and though I know what I am doing wrong I can't fix it.

How is consistancy gained at faster paces? Is it simply a matter of hitting more balls and more reppetition to engrain the technique in the mind. I mean if you hit with good technique you can just apply the same technique but with more of everything in theory right? Or is it more of hitting more balls to improve coordination and such. Like you know what you have to do but now you have to practice getting coordinated in hitting that shot at faster paces.

An example, I've been learning a 1 handed backhand which has been improving well but either its me or its now been improving at a slower rate. I know what I can do to improve it and I take practice swings each day slowly but when I play its a lot different from a practice swing. So is it a matter of getting more coordinated in order to hit the backhand at a faster pace or is it a matter of hitting more balls in order to solidify what you have learned?

Insight would be appreciated.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8138 users online. 2 members and 8136 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X