Finally vindicated! thank you Robert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally vindicated! thank you Robert!

I'm glad Mr Landsdorp is giving his thumbs up to the lower finishing styles now and the semi-western grip. I actually have taken alot of greif over the years for teaching these.

Other coaches have actually drug my name thru the dirt using Landsdorps statements as justification. I never held this against Robert though, I always admired his accomplishments and even look to him as a coaching role model.

I especially like what he's said about discipline and hitting thru the ball. That stuff really resonates with me.

It's important not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. More coaches need to realize that just because you don't like one thing another coach believes, that doesn't mean you can't agree or even admire him for something else. Your really hurting yourself if you don't try to learn something from everyone.

Robert's a generous guy, he emailed me once about two years ago when I had a question for him about how he coaches kids to serve.

I was ecstatic just to get any response from someone I put on such a pedestal.

In his email, He, like myself seemed very strong in his beliefs about technique. Notice, that just because I didn't agree with his forehand view at the time (eastern only and finish out in front), it didn't stop me from picking his brain about the serve.

In short Robert, I still respect you that's why I'm glad to have your official approval on this now.

gotta go now, I have alot of people to go tell "I told you so". Just kidding, I'm not really like that.
    Eric Matuszewski
    Princeton Racquet Club

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2552 users online. 7 members and 2545 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X