Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum June 2019: Dominic Thiem 2nd Serve

Dominic Thiem Second Serve

Last month we looked at Dominic Thiem's first serve in both courts from 3 angles (Click Here.)

This month we do the same on his second. Even more kick!

Check out the change in the ball position on his toss - more to left and further behind him, his incredible arm action and explosive leg drive.

Only on Tennisplayer!

Last edited by johnyandell; 05-15-2021, 03:39 PM.

It's a wonderful serve. The only thing I find strange about it is he doesn't sway into his motion. He just stands dead straight then bends his knees to start proceedings. I always like to see good weight transfer because I feel it promotes good rhythm. Just a little rock backwards then forwards would take away that stiff look.
    Stotty

Comment

You are only as good as your second serve. Dominic Thiem is #4 in the world for a reason.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Interesting how he tosses his ball in front of him but when he strikes the ball, it is behind him and his eyes are looking away.

Comment

Phantastic serve, simple, all concepts in place, very powerful and accurate, a real model... thx for posting

Comment

A great serve. He seems like Rafter to me. Better at creating a heavy serve that pushes the receiver back and/or causes a mishit or framed return. Shows that hitting fast and getting lots of aces is not the key to winning in tennis.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8167 users online. 3 members and 8164 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X