• johnyandell
    replied
    Thanks DB!

Leave a comment:

• don_budge
    replied
    Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Translation?

Sensation that makes a lot of force to hit the ball. It doesn't arrive in the second week of a Grand Slam, the engine gets tired or breaks. With all this natural human strength, there is waste of energy .....-Google translate

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Translation?

Leave a comment:

• zinosman
    replied
    Sensação que faz muita força para bater na bola.
    Não chega na segunda semana de um Grand Slam, o motor cansa ou quebra.
    Com toda essa força humana natural, há desperdício de energia.....

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    I can personally only relate to Schwartzmann. I wonder how many more steps he takes in a match than Karlovic

Leave a comment:

• stroke
    replied
    Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
    Why is he playing with that little bitty junior racket?( Ha.!). His thumb seems to wrap around to his 3rd knuckle. Anyone know what size grip he or an Isner might use?
    Yes I know Karlovic has a specialty pallet moving his grip size to about 5 1/4. It looks to me Isner and Opelka just use a standard grip size that would seem too small for their hand size. Of course, as we all know, height does not always relate to the biggest hands, even though they are all 3 about the same height, there could be a somewhat significant difference in their hand size.

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    Why is he playing with that little bitty junior racket?( Ha.!). His thumb seems to wrap around to his 3rd knuckle. Anyone know what size grip he or an Isner might use?

Leave a comment:

• bojalad17
    replied
    seems like he could get a little more extension and is a bit stiff when trying to release. Everything leading up to this point looks sound.

Leave a comment:

• stroke
    replied
    He looks to have great technique on type 3 forehand. Very compact, his back swing appears to pretty much just involve his external shoulder rotation as he rotates the racquet head backwards/flips the racquet head in preparation for the forward movement to contact.

Leave a comment:

• Interactive Forum May 2020: Reilly Opelka Forehand

Reilly Opelka Forehand

Last month we looked at Reilly's monster serve. (Click Here.) This month let's look at his other massive weapon, his forehand.

In this footage we see some short balls on which Reilly comes forward. But he appears to prefer hitting it from well behind the baseline. He has a great body turn and a fairly compact outside backswing. Is that a straight hitting arm -- or as straight as Reilly's arm straightens.

Although he uses a variety of finishes, he appears to favor an over the shoulder with little to minimal wiper.

But what do you see that I don't? Let us know!

Last edited by johnyandell; 04-29-2020, 04:32 PM.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8068 users online. 0 members and 8068 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X