Snap Servers - The Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap Servers - The Dog

Some of the players shown in this month's Tour Portrait on ATP servers are the obvious, big guns. Others not.
    https://www.tennisplayer.net/members...elite_serving/

I also included Alexandr Dolgopolov because he is the best contemporary example I could think of that has a "Snap Serve". The school of Kevin Current, Henri Leconte, and Roscoe Tanner has few pure followers today.

People often forget that before Dolgopolov was slowed by Gilbert's Syndrome and knee surgery, he was the only sub-six-footer in the top ten in aces. At a claimed 5 ft 11 in 150 pounds (with lifts and carrying his tennis bag?), The Dog would top 135 mph. I remember Alexander winning the Citi Open title over Tommy Haas, a decent returner. After the Dog hit a passel of 135 mph bombs up the middle, Tommy moved way back. Then Alexandr started hitting wicked, short slice short in the box that ended up in the sideline seats. Amazing combination of pace and movement.

Check out the hang-time and arm rotation. This is from Dolgopolov's good run at Indian Wells in 2014, I believe, where he pushed Fed before fading. He and X-man also won the Indian Wells doubles title in 2011 as a pick-up team, beating Fed and Stan in the finals by playing weekend hacker up-and-back doubles, but at a high level

filedata/fetch?id=90124&d=1596476864&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 08-03-2020, 12:38 PM.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3997 users online. 2 members and 3995 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X