• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stroke
    replied
    Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
    Great analysis and vid, John.

I can't resist posting this. I overlaid a frame from your vid of Meddy on Tsitsipas.

What's the difference on the reverse follow through? Mainly, that Tsitsi is hitting a backhand <g>

filedata/fetch?id=95807&d=1635964483&type=thumb
    Stef does appear to be way more western fh grip there than his standard fh grip.

Leave a comment:

• stroke
    replied
    Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

I have no idea what the measurements are, but I'd suggest Aslan Karatsev. Both on the forehand but even more so on the service return.
    Karatsev I was thinking also. Also Fognini maybe.

Leave a comment:

• jimlosaltos
    replied
    Great analysis and vid, John.

I can't resist posting this. I overlaid a frame from your vid of Meddy on Tsitsipas.

What's the difference on the reverse follow through? Mainly, that Tsitsi is hitting a backhand <g>

filedata/fetch?id=95807&d=1635964483&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• jimlosaltos
    replied
    Originally posted by stroke View Post
    John, you mentioned that Fed has 1/10 of a second or less, bounce to contact. Have you measured anyone else who is close to that?
    I have no idea what the measurements are, but I'd suggest Aslan Karatsev. Both on the forehand but even more so on the service return.

Leave a comment:

• stroke
    replied
    John, you mentioned that Fed has 1/10 of a second or less, bounce to contact. Have you measured anyone else who is close to that?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy93
    replied
    Great article John. I found the lack of time he has compared to Fed due to his backswing size very interesting. I noticed Medvedev has limited pronation just after contact. I think that’s largely due to him making contact so close to his body (laterally and less in front). Thoughts? Also I wonder if him having a large backswing makes it less natural to get the full stretch of the non-dominant arm during the preparation. Do you see any correlations with that?

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Tour Strokes: Mysteries of Medvedev's Forehand

Tour Strokes: Mysteries of Medvedev's Forehand

Would love to get your thoughts on my latest article, "Tour Strokes: Mysteries of Medvedev's Forehand"
    Last edited by johnyandell; 11-01-2021, 05:21 PM.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8180 users online. 6 members and 8174 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X