Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skippa38
    replied
    Sorry, didn't take the time to look at the other posts..

Leave a comment:

• tenniscoach1
    replied
    Looks like we are the last two left standing Don Budge ... ...

Error: syntax error, unexpected 'static' (T_STATIC) on line 151 in phar:///mnt/html/tphtml/bulletin/core/vb/vb.phar/bbcode.php
    Step 0: showErrorPage() called on line 399 in /mnt/html/tphtml/bulletin/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php
    Step 1: handleException() called
    Exception syntax error, unexpected 'static' (T_STATIC) on line 151 in phar:///mnt/html/tphtml/bulletin/core/vb/vb.phar/bbcode.php​

Leave a comment:

• don_budge
    replied
    This is the only thread that seems to be operational...is the site down?

Leave a comment:

• tenniscoach1
    replied
    Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
    Great analysis!! Question: Unlike Federer, who uses a neutral wrist position, Ryan seems to enter and exit the trophy position with a hyperxtended wrist( open face).

1.Did I view that accurately?
    2.If so, is it relevant since he eventually closes the racket face when starting the upswing.
    Great post ... everyone is parroting you now ... ...
    Last edited by tenniscoach1; 04-27-2023, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tenniscoach1
    replied
    Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Skip,
    Entirely possible and thanks for the good words!
    John
    Yes, he has lovely words John - but ... it's kind of cringe-worthy how he is grovelling. My spider sense tells me it's not authentic. I sincerely hope that I am wrong. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a little more evaluation time than Don Budge did. We'll see.

Now - Doctor House - what would would say to this thread?

skippa38 mirrors the comments of high IQ poster doctorhl ... so, I will put in my two cents ... one rule of thumb across the board is weak things break. It is inevitable this kid will blow his shoulder out and be a candidate for Tommy John surgery.

You can manipulate that racket face all day, change things left/right however his interior pelvis tilt issues/weak glutes/problematic spinal column - etc .. these are what causes the racket to go into that dreadfully weak looking position. If the setup is bad - then it is band-aid solution after band-aid solution and a confused player.

The kid's a Junior, and he just hasn't been trained. He may think he has been trained - but, if I put him on a reverse hyper or into a plyo-swing he'd understand his base is not there yet.

This is why I never put a kid's video up against a trained pro like Federer ... man body versus a kid body ... trying to put the kid into positions where he does not have the strength, mobility, genetics etc etc to get to is not smart and its why we have the epidemic of injuries we never had before in sport.

You can force the kid to get to Roger position - but, its better to identify the reasons why he can't physically get to that position, strengthen that area and offer the proper GPP program to safely get him to the technical positions necessary.

Don Budge can elaborate on this a lot more as he has actually taken the time to better understand this concept as a coach over the past 4-5 years. Why Steve isn't explaining this stuff on the front page of the site with the proper graphics, video, editing, and organization I will never know. In fact, we should take his stuff from the archives and publish it as it is priceless.
    Last edited by tenniscoach1; 04-27-2023, 11:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Skip,
    Entirely possible and thanks for the good words!
    John

Leave a comment:

• skippa38
    replied
    Hi John, excellent review.. I'm wondering if because the trophy pose position isn't 90 degrees at the elbow and the racket already laid back a little, if that could be robbing some of his racket drop during the leg drive ? Thanks, really enjoy your articles..

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Stroke,
    You are probably right!

Leave a comment:

• stroke
    replied
    Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
    Great analysis!! Question: Unlike Federer, who uses a neutral wrist position, Ryan seems to enter and exit the trophy position with a hyperxtended wrist( open face).

2.If so, is it relevant since he eventually closes the racket face when starting the upswing.
    I personally think the neutral wrist position is the gold standard, not that it matters.

Leave a comment:

• don_budge
    replied
    Originally posted by jthb1021 View Post
    I love these!! Great content because I noticed the stance was like a “platpin” (I think I just made that up) because they are really close together. Then like probably most of us I noticed the open racquet face going into the racquet drop which is usually a serve killer, but he makes it work and has a solid serve. Very interesting!
    Hey jthb1021! Talking about a big bomb for a serve. Do me a favor...would you? Post a video of your serve in the Aryna Sabalenka thread. I need to demonstrate a point. A very important point to the forum boys.

Leave a comment:

• jthb1021
    replied
    I love these!! Great content because I noticed the stance was like a “platpin” (I think I just made that up) because they are really close together. Then like probably most of us I noticed the open racquet face going into the racquet drop which is usually a serve killer, but he makes it work and has a solid serve. Very interesting!

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Good questions. To be honest not sure...

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Your Strokes: Ryan Serve

Your Strokes: Ryan Serve

Would love to get your thoughts on my article, "Your Strokes: Ryan Serve"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4090 users online. 10 members and 4080 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X