X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Boris Becker on Prison

​Boris Becker on Prison

Guardian:
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/apr/08/boris-becker-uk-prison-sentence?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Becker told BBC Radio 5 Live Breakfast: “Whoever says that prison life isn’t hard and isn’t difficult, I think is lying.​ ​It was a very brutal​."
    He said inmates had to “fight every day” for survival and that being a famous tennis player meant nothing in prison, where he had been surrounded by “murderers, by drug dealers, by rapists, by people smugglers, by dangerous criminals”.
    “You fight every day for survival. Quickly, you have to surround yourself with the tough boys, as I would call it, because you need protection.”

His incarceration “humbled” him, he said, adding: “I’m a survivor; I’m a tough cookie. I’ve taken the incarceration, but I’ve also taken the glory and if anything this made me a stronger, better man.”

Boris got what he deserved. He was dishonest and lied through his teeth. The bloke is incredibly arrogant. It would have been brutal for him in Wandsworth Prison, which is where he was initially sent - and where he would have been sharing a cell with hardened criminals. The worst thing perhaps is all the inmates share a toilet in the corner of the cell with zero privacy...imagine. What a comedown.

Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2383 users online. 7 members and 2376 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X