No announcement yet.

Nadal to Miss Clay Court Season Through at Least Madrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcaraz could well be favourite on current form but both Nadal and Djokovic might have something to say about that if they manage to get their ducks in a row in time, which they have a knack of doing if memory serves me right.

Rafa is undoubtedly the greatest clay court players of all time, but Novak could well be the second best. So Alcaraz may just have some work to do. I still don't think he is up there enough if Novak and Rafa are firing on all cylinders. Time will tell of course.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      Alcaraz could well be favourite on current form but both Nadal and Djokovic might have something to say about that if they manage to get their ducks in a row in time, which they have a knack of doing if memory serves me right.

Rafa is undoubtedly the greatest clay court players of all time, but Novak could well be the second best. So Alcaraz may just have some work to do. I still don't think he is up there enough if Novak and Rafa are firing on all cylinders. Time will tell of course.
      They are just giving up so much movement, particularly Rafa. Novak seems to have lost the least movement ever for his age, but I just don't think the rope-a-dope I will win it when I want to thing is a workable plan vs Alcaraz at this point. Novak has been doing that so long now I don't think he can stop.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

They are just giving up so much movement, particularly Rafa. Novak seems to have lost the least movement ever for his age, but I just don't think the rope-a-dope I will win it when I want to thing is a workable plan vs Alcaraz at this point. Novak has been doing that so long now I don't think he can stop.
        Maybe. I just feel Novak has one good season left in him and could handle Alcaraz. Novak will still be have favourite at SW19, which is his best surface in my view. As for Rafa he is still monumental on clay and will take a lot of beating...even despite being a step slower.
        Stotty

Comment

SW19 will be very interesting this year. Alcaraz actually likes to serve and volley a lot. Who knows he might just go ballistic and hit the net. He might even slice his returns and move in closer if he has to.

It should be interesting. Novak has the most experience and that should help him immensely. The question is whether something odd happens.

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post
            SW19 will be very interesting this year. Alcaraz actually likes to serve and volley a lot. Who knows he might just go ballistic and hit the net. He might even slice his returns and move in closer if he has to.

It should be interesting. Novak has the most experience and that should help him immensely. The question is whether something odd happens.
            For years, we'd all follow a beat-down like what Rune gave Djokovic in Rome by "but can they do it for 5 sets?" Now, given his elbow, is 5 sets more of a liability for Djokovic than an advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

For years, we'd all follow a beat-down like what Rune gave Djokovic in Rome by "but can they do it for 5 sets?" Now, given his elbow, is 5 sets more of a liability for Djokovic than an advantage?
              I always thought that Novak's forehand was not easy on the elbow. It feels less fluid than other big forehands. He has had elbow problems in the past so this may just be age.

Everyone wants to keep playing but eventually the body says no mas.

Nadal's body is screaming not talking to him. It sounds like Djokovic's body is starting to whisper...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7914 users online. 7 members and 7907 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X