Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior serving action

Hi,

i have been doing a lot of work on my daughters serve and have started to see progress. I have been encouraging the platform stance as it is widely supported on this site. However, i would like to try and achieve a bit more power and more jump in the action. I have posted a few short videos and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers.

many thanks,
    Attached Files

Hard to tell from that. Film her much much tighter and hopefully on a court.

Comment

Okay - thanks - will do!

Comment

I've managed to take a few more videos - one from behind and one from the side.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey it looks pretty good. Look at the lack of ISR though. Check out my current article on that...

Comment

Some pretty good things going on with your daughter's serve.

With regard to John's comments on ISR there are three potential ISR killers you might address.

1) Check the grip is correct. It is hard to tell from the clips but I suspect she isn't quite on a full serving grip
            2) The contact point is a little too far in front
            3) The contact point is too much too the left

It's important to address the above if ISR is not occurring in a serve as correcting them can bring about ISR without any further intervention.

Look at Sinner's position of his racket head in this month's interactive and compare to your daughter's.

Her toss seems a little too high also in my view. The ball toss should dovetail to the type of motion a player has...so not too high or too low but just perfect for the type of wind up the player has.

I like your daughter's serve and certainly can see lots of positives from my first glance. I shall revisit the clips again and take a more detailed look soon.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by stotty; 07-15-2023, 11:59 AM.
            Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8070 users online. 3 members and 8067 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X