Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djokovic Forehand - Patrick Mouratoglou

Thoughts?

Basically, as Brian Gordon has stated, Novak has a classic type 3 forehand. It is probably the best classic type 3 ever. To me, even though it is superb, it is simply not as good though as the model type 3 of Nadal and Fed(Alcaraz to be determined). I did not think this tutorial on Novak's forehand said anything new at all personally.
    Last edited by stroke; 05-15-2023, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Patrick makes some good observations in his walk-thru of Novak's forehand. I also prefer Rafa's and Roger's above Novak's. I am not sure from a type 3 technical standpoint why Novak's would be considered purer or better than Roger's forehand. I err towards Roger's straight arm and grip being elements that make Roger's forehand better than Novak's. It's generally a more punishing shot.I guess genetics also play a part even with two very talented players.

I am not sure what the percentage differences would be between Roger and Novak's forehand in terms of security and unforced errors. Perhaps Jim has some stats up his sleeve with that one. Rafa's, as we all assume, is likely to be the most secure forehand of the lot.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
        Patrick makes some good observations in his walk-thru of Novak's forehand. I also prefer Rafa's and Roger's above Novak's. I am not sure from a type 3 technical standpoint why Novak's would be considered purer or better than Roger's forehand. I err towards Roger's straight arm and grip being elements that make Roger's forehand better than Novak's. It's generally a more punishing shot.I guess genetics also play a part even with two very talented players.

I am not sure what the percentage differences would be between Roger and Novak's forehand in terms of security and unforced errors. Perhaps Jim has some stats up his sleeve with that one. Rafa's, as we all assume, is likely to be the most secure forehand of the lot.
        Not up my sleeve (I checked! ) but I will do some searching.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8489 users online. 7 members and 8482 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X