Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forehand

I thought I was hitting pretty well. I win a fair amount of matches at the 4.-4.5 level. I am definitely improving my game. But... I was video taped this morning and my forehand looks terrrible. Even though I am getting under the ball, I'm keeping my wrist back some of the time [I have trouble with this] and I am trying to follow through. What looks really bad is my left hand [I am right handed] tends to stay on my left side. I must not be getting a good shoulder turn and I am certainly not rotating. I constantly watch the Agassi forehand and I want to emulate his forehand. How can I do this????
    Mike

Mike,

Don't jump off the bridge yet. You're up in June for the video analysis. Perfect example of why verbal input doesn't do much in most cases...the video doesn't lie. I said though I'd give you a few comments:

Your biggest problem is your hitting arm position--it gets WAY too far away on the backswing and you never recover. I would turn first --put your elbow in and lay your wrist back BEFORE hitting and get an easy feed on the ball machine. You need to keep that position and make sure it stays at contact. Blow away an ideas about a loop for now and just try to get those positions working form the turn position. Won't happen any other way.

John

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8085 users online. 2 members and 8083 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X