Feliciano Lopez Plays his Last Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feliciano Lopez Plays his Last Match

With buddy Rafa watching on, the 41 yo Feliciano "Feli" Lopez had a good send off.

Won his first match in Mallorca/Majorca, ending with a career 506-490 tour-level record, having won more matches on grass (87) than any other Spaniard. On the week, he beat Max Purcell, upset Jordan Thompson, and feel to a hot Yannick Hanfman today.

"There is one statistic that is etched into Lopez’s mind after so long among the ATP Tour’s elite; breaking the 500-win barrier. “I’m not someone who constantly looks at statistics and numbers, but when I saw the list of players who had achieved it, I felt proud because when you see those names you think how amazing it is to be on that list with those people," Lopez said. "There are players you admire from every era.”"

ATP site: https://www.atptour.com/en/news/feli...rement-feature

Nice send off for a nice fellow. Playing until you are 40 at tour level is an achievement in itself. He had a wonderful service motion...poetry.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      Nice send off for a nice fellow. Playing until you are 40 at tour level is an achievement in itself. He had a wonderful service motion...poetry.
      It was definitely one of the most beautiful service motions I have ever seen.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2264 users online. 7 members and 2257 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X