Raducanu - Revolving, Expendable Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raducanu - Revolving, Expendable Coaches

Emma Raducanu's approach of regularly changing coaches is "probably going to be like that for the rest of her career", says her agent.

Emma's father calls the shots and always has according to former insiders of the Raducanu camp. It's not uncommon over this side of the pond for players to burn through multiple coaches or to unashamedly use two coaches at the same time. Some parents flit from coach to coach looking for the magic formula while other parents stick to one coach like glue. There is no one size fits all when it comes to coaching and coaches. The more seasoned coaches over here tend to develop thick skins and have only one barometer: has a player leaving damaged their income or reputation? Usually the answer is no, so just move on.

I like Emma. I met her briefly once because I had to shadow the coach working with her at a performance centre when she was 15. I had to chart the quality of coaching she received in her individual lessons, which was excellent by the way. Emma was very likeable and confident.

I found it a mystery that she split with the coach who she knew so well and had guided her to success. It's been downhill ever since, though injuries have played a significant part in her, hopefully, temporary demise.
    Stotty

Bottom line, the only WTA player I haver ever seen that has ever made any real true technical difference maker technique improvements is Justine. All the rest is just noise.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2979 users online. 10 members and 2969 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X