Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum August 2023: Chris Eubanks Serve

Interactive Forum August 2023: Chris Eubanks Serve

Could Chris be the resurrection of serve and volley—or at least on some points? Here is his serve. I had a really hard time telling first serves from seconds. Almost a double serve. So what do you guys see?

Last edited by johnyandell; 07-31-2023, 05:39 PM.

John -

Very topical discussion with Eubank's recent success. You always seems to be one step ahead and present beautiful video of the "hottest" players. Thanks again.

Sean

Comment

Chris was interviewed on court after a tight win in Atlanta where he served out the match. He smiled when asked about that pressure, and said "I am a server, or at least I like to think of myself that way". He definitely is a server. He seems similar to an NBA player that gets hot. He gets hot, feeling it, and basically just start bombing in 2 first serves. He does have a very very good kick serve when he does not feel the big 1st serve.

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
        John -

Very topical discussion with Eubank's recent success. You always seems to be one step ahead and present beautiful video of the "hottest" players. Thanks again.

Sean
        Seconded.
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
          Chris was interviewed on court after a tight win in Atlanta where he served out the match. He smiled when asked about that pressure, and said "I am a server, or at least I like to think of myself that way". He definitely is a server. He seems similar to an NBA player that gets hot. He gets hot, feeling it, and basically just start bombing in 2 first serves. He does have a very very good kick serve when he does not feel the big 1st serve.
          In all the second serves clips they look like first serves to me. I can't imagine the kind of kick he can get on the ball. Bet it would almost go over the fence. To your point about an NBA player on a streak I think his motion is so fluid it allows him to get into that kind of a zone.
          Last edited by jeffreycounts; 07-31-2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Looking at the clips he is pretty much the embodiment of the kinetic chain. Everything flows from the deep knee bend and coiled torso to the uncoiling and rising of the legs to the gumby like arm to the racket head itself. It's a thing of beauty to see how it all flows.
            Last edited by johnyandell; 07-31-2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreycounts View Post

In all the second serves clips they look like first serves to me. I can't imagine the kind of kick he can get on the ball. Bet it would almost go over the fence. To your point about an NBA player on a streak I think his motion is so fluid it allows him to get into that kind of a zone.
              He does of course hit a massive kick.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

He does of course hit a massive kick.
                Since we're using NBA metaphors, there is an NBA saying "You can't teach height."

Comment

Awesome serve. I did notice his back foot on the pinpoint wanted to push off the ground, but obviously it doesn't seem to affect his performance..

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3224 users online. 6 members and 3218 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X