Great Story on Roddick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Story on Roddick

Twenty years after his US Open victory, Andy Roddick remains the last American man to win a grand slam. In a rare interview, he reflects on that triumph—and all the pressure, fame, failure, love, and loss that came after.

Really good article on a truly nice likeable guy. I am certainly glad he is doing so well.

Comment

Love this quote from Brad Gilbert contrasting Andre Agassi and Andy:

> Gilbert says. “I could talk with Andre sometimes about strategy for three hours. Andy was about ten to twenty seconds and then it’s like Mission: Impossible. ‘This message will explode.’ He had so much testosterone.”​

Comment

The Connors brief coaching stint, I was very surprised to hear about that side of Connors. I would have never guessed he would be that invested as a coach. Brad obviously was a great coach to both Andre and Andy. Brad certainly has a great feel about how to help his players as a coach. No one at that level hardly ever makes even the slightest change technique wise anyway. Roddick, Sock and Berrenttini are never going to hit their 2 hander like Novak for instance. Brad knows that and just works on the mental stuff, the attitude it takes to compete.
        Last edited by stroke; 08-29-2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8029 users online. 5 members and 8024 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X