Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum September 2023: Chris Eubanks Kick Serve

Interactive Forum September 2023: Chris Eubanks Kick Serve

Last month we put up Chris’s first serve and some (I think) second serves that were more like double firsts. This month here are some second serve kicks. Wow.

Toss way more to left and closer in. Massive internal arm rotation in follow through. Great body turn even though he uses a pinpoint stance.

What do you guys see?
    ​​

Comparing Eubanks at deuce court, rear view, at roughly :49-50 on August clip and : 41-42 on September clip, it sure does look like the September clip contact point is further to his left making shoulders a little more closed at that point and racket angle a little more open. I need single frame advance, more frames per second, and side by side screen view to really make a confident statement. John, that's where your "live" analysis undergirded by a tremendous visual memory library can substitute for all the gadgets. Current research does not yet support a visual sport analysis transfer paradigm for a " live" setting, so I guess one just has to put in the observational hours!

Comment

You know you can download those clips and put them side by side and advance from by frame right?

Comment

Oh, I forgot. Thanks..senior moment!!

Comment

It's interesting how well Eubank's checks the boxes on several fronts.
          1) Well timed separation of tossing arm and racquet arm to keep a fairly continuous racquet motion
          2) Almost perfect timing, even with his pinpoint stance, how his leg drive up initiates his racquet drop
          3) How quickly he achieves a full 180 degrees of hand/arm/racquet rotation after contact. Quick like Federer
          4) The different arm finish locations, in relation to the court, depending on 2nd serve (i.e. - kick, topspin, slice)

Sean

Comment

I must agree!

Comment

Eubanks just named an alternative to the Laver Cup in Vancouver, in case anyone wants to see him in action.

Comment

Laver Cup, no words.

Comment

The serious nature of Laver Cup as a winner-take-all competition with a reputation for intensity and team spirit was put to the test on Friday night in Vancouver, as Gael Monfils attempted to play with more of an exhibition mindset.

Oh my, the drama of Laver Cup

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2394 users online. 6 members and 2388 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X