Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to achieve racquet head acceleration...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achieve racquet head acceleration...

Your article is very thorough about forehand stroke production, but I would like to pursue the topic of racquet head acceleration. There are just a few areas of concern I would like to address: how the tension in the arm and grip affect acceleration and when the racquet head starts the acceleration process.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that racquet head acceleration slowly begins with the unit turn and continues to build speed with the downward and forward motion of contacting the ball. The arm tension will either permit or restrict the degree of racquet head acceleration by applying a firm but not tense grip and maintaining a loose feeling at shoulder joint.

I'd appreciate any comments on this subject of "racquet head acceleration."

Thanks,
    lmnels

It's just a matter of getting in position

As long as the player had previous estabilished the correct body position (unit turn, foot alignment, and non hitting arm pointing to the side fence), the racquet head will accelerate as the shot is delivered. Need to get worried about applying extra acceleration only if you want to hit a sharp angle.

Comment

If you believe what is written by John Yandell in the Advanced Tennis articles, this is true. My own experience is everytime I try to specifically physically accelerate the racket I get too tight and hit errors--mainly long.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7997 users online. 4 members and 7993 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X