• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle shirts at the us open

Do you all like the look?

Personally no!

Comment

I really disliked the kits worn by Alcaraz and Tiafoe. To make it even worse, Nike had feminized the cut of the sleeveless shirts. Just an awful look.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        I really disliked the kits worn by Alcaraz and Tiafoe. To make it even worse, Nike had feminized the cut of the sleeveless shirts. Just an awful look.
        Did you like Nadal's look back in the day?

Comment

Never was a big fan of the look, but I liked the "cut" of the sleeveless shirts better without the feminine cut. Let's just say to me Nadal and Moya looked about as good as one could look out there in sleeveless shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
            Agreed. And the patterns didn't suit the style

Abstract artsy pattern -- with a muscle-man's shirt?

Like having some hamburger with your sushi.

Comment

I guess I missed the original point which is that it was not aesthetically pleasing. Players are stuck between looking like everyone else and trying to look different.

When I look around Lululemon has made the tennis skirt a fad. I think the looks that Nadal and Fed would sport were really good. The colors varied in interesting ways. The cutoff sleeves look weird to me too.

But my guess is that the look is driven by what people who buy tennis clothes will pay for. That is why I am urging my daughters to give up on all the Lulu stuff and every other brand.

I decided to buy a couple of Sergio Tacchini shirts and will buy Ellese. Diadora seems a little bland to me. I bought my daughter a Tacchini dress that was $25 on sale. Much nicer than all the overpriced Lulu stuff. My guess is that Tiafoe and Alcaraz's shirts were going for $80 a pop. The more they sell, the better for the athlete that wears it.

Standing out and still being more to my liking is going old school IMHO these days. But the top pros and people looking for something "new" haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2484 users online. 6 members and 2478 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X