No announcement yet.

China Open ATP 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennis TV announcer, Naomi Cavaday I believe, had a clearer explanation of what i was trying to articulate.

Alcaraz likes to go wide, but Sinner hits with enough depth up the middle that he takes away those wide shots and forces Alcaraz out of his normal game. He just seems uncomfortable playing Sinner.

Their semi results give Jannik the H2H lead at 4-3 (unless you throw in an Alcaraz win at the Challenger level <g> ).

Comment

With Sinner's wins over Alcaraz and Medy it's a good time to look at the current battles at the top.

Fortunately, Oleg S created a table of the top 8 H2H in 2023 only for on TWSFKT {The Web Site Formerly Known as Twitter).
      I'd forgotten that Rune beat Novak a second time! Once is a fluke, twice .... ?

"H2H between the current ATP Race Top 8 in 2023: - Djokovic, Medvedev, Sinner have met the other 7 players this year, with Medvedev facing everyone except Tsitsipas at least twice; - Medvedev with most matches & wins and the only one to beat each of the other 7.​"

filedata/fetch?id=102309&d=1696528683&type=thumb
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by jimlosaltos; 10-05-2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

New ATP Top 10, Sinner now the 2nd Italian to make top 5:

1. Djokovic
        2. Alcaraz
        3. Medvedev
        4. Sinner (+3)
        5. Tsitsipas
        6. Rune (-2)
        7. Rublev (-1)
        8. Fritz
        9. Ruud
        10. Zverev​

Comment

Comment

Good takes. Thanks for the link.

Sinner also looks a bit better when he comes forward, not as --- what's the right phrase, stiff at the net now. Hardly gazelle-like but has hands.

Comment

I think Novak learned pretty quickly that playing aggressively and smothering Carlos was the way to go...take time away. Sinner probably has that game even more naturally which is why his matches with Carlos are so pulsating and hard to predict. It's a really great rivalry.
              Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2432 users online. 5 members and 2427 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X