Becker Joins Rune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becker Joins Rune

Boris Becker confirms he is Holger Rune’s new coach.

“Holger is a diamond in the rough that needs polishing. I like his emotional outbursts. I have coached a player before, Novak Djokovic, who was sometimes not quite himself on the court. But that is allowed… Holger is 1 of the best young players in the world. My ambition is to find the best Holger Rune.”

Holger said he previously received advice from Boris when he was a kid.

Let’s see how this goes.

(via Eurosport)

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
    Boris Becker confirms he is Holger Rune’s new coach.

“Holger is a diamond in the rough that needs polishing. I like his emotional outbursts. I have coached a player before, Novak Djokovic, who was sometimes not quite himself on the court. But that is allowed… Holger is 1 of the best young players in the world. My ambition is to find the best Holger Rune.”

Holger said he previously received advice from Boris when he was a kid.

Let’s see how this goes.

(via Eurosport)

Well Boris will be under pressure to get results. Apparently he's in dire need of some cash....
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Well Boris will be under pressure to get results. Apparently he's in dire need of some cash....
      His could sell his Nigeria oil stock ... oh, wait

Comment

And the coaching duo gets mixed results to start.

Glass half full: Looks like Rune has his game back finally after spinal injury at Roland Garros. Trying to rival Alcaraz with the skill and volume of his drop shots.

Glass half empty: After a couple of wins, grounded by the FAA. Felix flying high, his forehand had too much pace even for the speedy Rune to track down enough times.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2486 users online. 7 members and 2479 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X