No announcement yet.

Vienna, ATP 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinner wins in 3 sets in a brutally physical match, which is just the way it is if someone takes down Medvedev. Certainly no shortcuts here for Sinner. Those final stats for Medvedev looked off for him, but it was just the physicality of the match that produced it.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/QuJoBxFP2CrUrEa29

Sinner wins in 3 sets in a brutally physical match, which is just the way it is if someone takes down Medvedev. Certainly no shortcuts here for Sinner. Those final stats for Medvedev looked off for him, but it was just the physicality of the match that produced it.
      Only saw highlights so far but it did look awfully physical. Sinner wide right, wide left .... rinse, repeat. 93 UFEs combined from "Wall of Med" and Sinner?

These two, with their serves, only won 64/65% of first serve points on this surface? I guess they're even better returners than servers.

From your stats, stroke, baseline points were virtually even (77 Med vs 76 Sinner) but Sinner was 18/26 at the net. Also, Sinner had 14 BPs in the third set, getting 2.

This is not the old Jannik that Medvedev beat 6 times in a row, Might be time for Medy to throw out his old tactics that worked so well?
      Last edited by jimlosaltos; 10-29-2023, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

Only saw highlights so far but it did look awfully physical. Sinner wide right, wide left .... rinse, repeat. 93 UFEs combined from "Wall of Med" and Sinner?

These two, with their serves, only won 64/65% of first serve points on this surface? I guess they're even better returners than servers.

From your stats, stroke, baseline points were virtually even (77 Med vs 76 Sinner) but Sinner was 18/26 at the net. Also, Sinner had 14 BPs in the third set, getting 2.

This is not the old Jannik that Medvedev beat 6 times in a row, Might be time for Medy to throw out his old tactics that worked so well?
        Sinner certainly has belief now. He certainly appears to still have even more room for improvement. The Wall of Med, which I have enormous respect for, I love a guy that basically says I can outlast you, but he seems to have reached his ceiling.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2529 users online. 6 members and 2523 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X