You Can Get There From Here: Part 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can Get There From Here: Part 6

Let's discuss let latest article in the Barry Buss series: "You Can Get There From Here: Part 6"

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Let's discuss let latest article in the Barry Buss series: "You Can Get There From Here: Part 6"
    I'm still with you Barry! Just killing it, my friend. I know those days. College tennis. I played number one singles at Ohio University. Certainly not the level that you were playing at. But the culture...it really was quite wonderful. OU being in the small town of Athens, Ohio. Way down in southeast Ohio. But I recognise the names. Many of them that you mention. That was the stratosphere back then. The upper echelons! A lot was riding on those matches. There was prestige. The promise of tomorrow. I remember those days. Not so bad.

My buddy and I used to travel around in his Ford Pinto going around to tournaments in the MidWest back in the day. The wooden racquet day. Just a tad before you. We used to go to the tournaments...play a couple of rounds the first day plus the doubles and then we would go out and party at night. Checking out the local ladies. What a blast. Then it was into the second day and more tennis. More doubles. It's Saturday night and guess what. Dead tired and baked by the sun...but back on the chase. Then Sunday rolls around and if we were still in the hunt...we manned up and showed up. You win some and you lose some.

I'm getting a huge kick out of your series. It brings back memories. All good. I have largely forgotten about the dysfunction. Things weren't so great at home either. Parents divorce. If they did show up for a match, I usually embarrassed myself by acting up. The good old days! Yeah...Pepperdine. I think one of the locals played there. Maurice Hunter. He passed away last year. Looking forwards to the next instalment. You've been a great addition to the TennisPlayer.net culture. Thanks Man...for sharing!

don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2412 users online. 5 members and 2407 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X