Patrick Mouratoglou pronation short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Mouratoglou pronation short

Certainly nothing wrong or unproductive working on/doing this. It could really help some with overhead technique issues it seems, and certainly could be beneficial to helping get better on the serve. I have seen this drill before from other instructors.

Comment

I don't think he has any idea what he is talking about and what he is showing in my opinion isn't part of a good serve. Technically pronation is rotation of the forearm from the elbow. Also the wrist actions he is showing aren't part of a good technical serve. Just my opinion...

Comment

Dreadful clip in my view. He gives no context of how pronation works in relation to the serve and even misunderstands pronation itself come to that.
        Stotty

Comment

I posted this video because it drives me crazy that such prominent teachers promote such horrible, non-factual information.

Comment

I certainly don't think it is great instruction. All I was thinking so many non advanced players, and even maybe some advanced players, long arm the ball too much(hardly any or no external shouder rotation in to and after contact, and sometimes not hardly any internal shoulder rotation either prior to contact). This simple drill could possibly help with this issue.

Comment

Rant Alert!

Pre-pologies. I'm grumpy from having to rush to exchange xmas gifts for others that arrived in the wrong sizes. Thus my mood.

I usually don't quibble about semantics. If I can understand what someone is communicating, what do I care if they call a lampshade a flamingo?

But I have a pet peeve with the "Pronation Police" that have proliferated in tennis. Everything about serving has to repeat pronation 7 times.
              They usually both misuse the term and get arrogantly condescending toward anyone who won't bow before their misuse.

The more virulent amongst them can't seem to distinguish internal shoulder rotation from pronation, while others will share images clearly showing "radial deviation" to supposedly prove their point about pronation. Amongst them are sites I'll call "Inessential Tennis" and "Smooth White Cubes". I'm not remotely an expert but I can tell the difference. Snapping the wrist down toward the court as PM does in the video is "Flexion".

I defer to the experts here to say if that is bad or not and why, but it's not pronation.

There. I feel much better

Off to UPS. And FedEx. And USPS. X#&#*^#^! xmas spirt!

filedata/fetch?id=102912&d=1701797852&type=thumb

Source of image:
              Simple Solutions for Poor Wrist Mobility Written by Michele Vieux Wrist & Forearm MAYhem is finally here! This month’s National Fitness Holiday focuses on an often neglected but frequently painful place – the wrists. If your wrists have less than their desired range of motion (ROM), then you probably don’t enjoy gymnastics day and I…
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by jimlosaltos; 12-07-2023, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Doesnt the serve require internal shoulder rotation which drives forarm pronation which might drive a little hand flexion and a tad of ulnar deviation as the shoulder abucts and elbow angle increases to about 130 degrees at ball contact? Even the flat serve has some topspin imparted. The motion he is describing works well when you are hitting a forehand volley that you want to bounce over the fence, but not a serve.

Comment

To me, one of the best on line serve instructors out there(beside tennisplayer.net) is Jeff Salzenstein, who JY worked with of course back when Jeff was on the Tour.

Here is a great lesson from Jeff that has some great stuff that one may not hear much about.

Last edited by stroke; 12-08-2023, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                    To me, one of the best on line serve instructors out there(beside tennisplayer.net) is Jeff Salzenstein, who JY worked with of course back when Jeff was on the Tour.

Here is a great lesson from Jeff that has some great stuff that one may not hear much about.

https://youtu.be/UOJbkK_cHPs?si=U4d5K7aAY_44mBxy
                    Didn't know about that connection.

I do like Jeff's stuff. Will check that. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2641 users online. 8 members and 2633 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X