Something Different - GenAi for Tour Portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Not sure there is a silver bullet for the climate catastrophe other than employ every means possible: carbon capture, curb deforestation, reduce carbon emissions, increase home insulation...you name it...everything...all hands to the deck!
    Agreed. Diverse sources needed. All hands on deck to put the fire out.

Just reported that oil & gas industry earned (in the financial sense, not the ethical sense) $4 Trillion in 2022, triple prior years.
    If Big Oil was a country it would have the 5th largest economy, a few hundred billion out of third place.

One of many problems is that the financial incentives aren't there. The external costs of fossil fuel pollution and climate change are born by society, not the fossil fuel companies. While the green alternatives are bearing most of their costs. Has to change.

But i digress ... as usual
    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 01-10-2024, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

But i digress ... as usual
      Digression now and again is acceptable...especially when you're on my page and waiting for the Aussie Open to start. It's no secret that oil is running the show from top to bottom. Both the politicians and the public, worldwide, know it. Yet we seem powerless to do anything about it. Despite being given tax incentives to diversify into greener fuels, oil companies continue to drag their feet, drawing the whole thing out as long as possible. By the time any thing is sorted out we will all be ''brown bread''...(slang for ''dead'' where I come from).

Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2542 users online. 3 members and 2539 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X