Can You Identify This Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Identify This Server?

Here's the subject of the next TPN Tour Portrait that will go live soon. Thought we'd try something different - a sneak preview. Can you name him? Here are some hints: A top 100 ATP player, his serve reaches 134 MPH and he has averaged 125 MPH for entire matches.

Surely some of you experts on (and fans of) Internal Shoulder Rotation can identify him by his ISR alone! <g>​

I'll post a few other hints before the portrait goes live.

filedata/fetch?id=103277&d=1706721310&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Here's another hint: Our Feb Tour Portrait subject once came from two sets down at the US Open to win, with 2 of his 3 sets coming in tiebreaks.

Comment

Michael Mmoh?
      Stotty

Comment

I will neither confirm nor deny until tomorrow, stotty. But here is another hint to help others guess.

Also .... how about, "He ended the career of a prominent American player."

Impact !

filedata/fetch?id=103284&d=1706746736&type=thumb
        Last edited by jimlosaltos; 01-31-2024, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Michael Mmoh...for sure. He beat Isner in five sets in his last match at the US Open.

What's my prize, please...
          Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
            Michael Mmoh...for sure. He beat Isner in five sets in his last match at the US Open.

What's my prize, please...
            You Win ! !

Michael Mhoh ended John Isner's career with a 5 set loss at the US Open by coming back from two sets down.

Your prize -- in addition to the honor -- is the First Ever TPN Tennis Genius Trophy, personally generated by AI to honor your accomplishment.

Unfortunately, GenAi can't believe your nom-de-screen is stotty, so you now have a shorter nickname, "Stot".
            What can I say, our new robot overlords have spoken <g>

filedata/fetch?id=103292&d=1706807447&type=thumb
            Last edited by jimlosaltos; 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM.

Comment

So, yes we have a winner. And stotty didn't even need to see Michael's hair to recognize him, just his service arm rotation. There's an expert on tennis.

If you want some Mo Mmoh, the Tour Portrait for February will deliver with a focus on his service.
              Meanwhile, here is his, hair, face and all.

Michael Mmoh is a 26 year old Floridian, born in Saudia Arabia of Irish and Nigerian ancestry, and ranked 81. He reached 2 in the world in juniors, reaching the semifinals at the 2015 Junior French Open, where he lost to eventual champion Tommy Paul. He won the 2016 USTA 18s Boys' National Championship to earn a wild card into the main draw of the US Open.​

2023 was Michael's best season yet. At the 23 Australian Open, he defeated 12th seed Alexander Zverev in the second round, then became the fifth player to make it as a lucky loser to the third round. Last year, he also had wins over Hubert Hurkacaz, Karen Khachanov, and over John Isner 3-6 4-6 7-6(3) 6-4 7-6 (7)

My photo from the Golden Gate Open, 2023 Stanford Taube stadium (c)me

filedata/fetch?id=103294&d=1706807647&type=thumb
              Last edited by jimlosaltos; 02-01-2024, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

You Win ! !

Michael Mhoh ended John Isner's career with a 5 set loss at the US Open by coming back from two sets down.

Your prize -- in addition to the honor -- is the First Ever TPN Tennis Genius Trophy, personally generated by AI to honor your accomplishment.

Unfortunately, GenAi can't believe your nom-de-screen is stotty, so you now have a shorter nickname, "Stot".
                What can I say, our new robot overlords have spoken <g>

filedata/fetch?id=103292&d=1706807447&type=thumb
                Feels like I've won a slam.....
                Stotty

Comment

And, we're live, the February Tour Portrait on Michael Mmoh.
                  Or, as I like to say "Mo Mmoh". <g>
                  Please click this ink to see.

Here's a larger version to better see Mmoh's serve progression. Hope you like it.

filedata/fetch?id=103305&d=1706980682&type=thumb
                  Last edited by jimlosaltos; 02-03-2024, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2416 users online. 5 members and 2411 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X