Rotterdam, ATP 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotterdam, ATP 500

In form Demon takes out Korda in 2. Just too many errors from Korda. Demon is turning into the new benchmark, a la RBA.

Comment

I am watching Jiri Lehecka v Hurkacz. Big difference in service motions; both players are pinpoint but Hurkacz does it exquisitely well while Lehecka's motion looks disjointed. He seems to move the rear leg too early so the sequencing is ruined. The problem with pinpoint is that it can go wrong with the sequencing of the rear leg. That's where I prefer platform...much less to go wrong.

The nice about these two players is they both get on with it...very little time wasted between points.

Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
        I am watching Jiri Lehecka v Hurkacz. Big difference in service motions; both players are pinpoint but Hurkacz does it exquisitely well while Lehecka's motion looks disjointed. He seems to move the rear leg too early so the sequencing is ruined. The problem with pinpoint is that it can go wrong with the sequencing of the rear leg. That's where I prefer platform...much less to go wrong.

The nice about these two players is they both get on with it...very little time wasted between points.

Hubie has one of the smoothest service motions in tennis. Like Fed, one just gets the feeling it will never fail.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

Hubie has one of the smoothest service motions in tennis. Like Fed, one just gets the feeling it will never fail.
          One set all and it's been a serving contest thus far. Hurkacz played a loose match point and paid the price...lovely bloke but not a player noted for his metal in matches. Lehecka looks a tough customer by contrast.
          Stotty

Comment

This match to me a perfect example of how tough it is on ATP Tour. Hubie played super tennis for 2 sets, and barely loses 2nd set tiebreaker to Leheka. On to the 3rd. The records of the big 3 will stand forever.

Comment

This match to me a perfect example of how tough it is on ATP Tour. Hubie played super tennis for 2 sets, and barely loses 2nd set tiebreaker to Leheka. On to the 3rd. The records of the big 3 will stand forever.
              Exactly. He played an immaculate second set and then blew the one chance he had to seal it. Tennis on a knife edge. And that's the thing. The big three virtually always won those knife-edge situations against lower ranked players. I mean it's not as if Novak wins every match easily. Many sets are 7-5 or 7-6. It's just he's been winning 95% of those tough sets for 15 years...remarkable.
              Stotty

Comment

Lehecka blows a match point with a double fault in the third set tiebreak. The next thing you know Hurkacz serves an ace the seal the match. Tennis on a knife edge....
                Stotty

Comment

Lehecka blows a match point with a double fault in the third set tiebreak. The next thing you know Hurkacz serves an ace the seal the match. Tennis on a knife edge....
                  The smallest of margins ha. To use the current lingo, which in this case is actually true. That is ATP tennis, they are all so good.

Comment

Very little separating Rublev and Felix as matters are levelled at one set each. I prefer Felix's game to Rublev but neither are a joy to watch. I have only watched three matches of this tournament but the courts must be quick judging by lack of decent returns.
                    Stotty

Comment

Very little separating Rublev and Felix as matters are levelled at one set each. I prefer Felix's game to Rublev but neither are a joy to watch. I have only watched three matches of this tournament but the courts must be quick judging by lack of decent returns.
                      Small margins

Comment

Small margins
                        Yep...again. Nothing in that match.
                        Stotty

Comment

Shevchenko takes out Rune in 3 and certainly deserved the win.

Comment

Griekspoor, red hot this season and playing on his home soil, takes out Hurkacz. All 3 sets went to a tiebreaker, Griekspoor winning 2 of them. Griekspoor took out Musetti in1st round in a very tough match where he just got it done. Same here today vs Hubie.
                            Last edited by stroke; 02-16-2024, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Demon tops Rublev

Best match records vs. Top 10 in 2024
                              Player W-L vs. Top 10
                              Alex de Minaur 4-1
                              Jannik Sinner 3-0
                              Alexander Zverev 3-1
                              Daniil Medvedev 2-1

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2435 users online. 7 members and 2428 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X