• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennisplayer Approaching 20!

Would to hear everyone's thoughts on "Tennisplayer Approaching 20!"

Well, first congratulations, John !

Comment

Awesome accomplishment. Amazing content. Whenever I wonder about some topic on tennis technique, it seems as if TPN has already covered it.

But how are you going to celebrate the anniversary ?

Comment

Uh, walk by the stream at the Lassen house. Not much for celebrations.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Uh, walk by the stream at the Lassen house. Not much for celebrations.
          Ohh, sorry to hear. Flood & fire zone

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            Would to hear everyone's thoughts on "Tennisplayer Approaching 20!"
            Twenty years is a long time to survive in any business. The average lifespan of a business is 8.6 years in this country. Only 25% of business make it past 15 years. Apparently there is much to negotiate in running any business be it a large business or a small business.

I think you have managed it by focusing on good content and being consistent about it. You set a high bar from the outset and have stuck to it.

On a personal note I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you...and well played. You've done so incredibly well.

Meanwhile I will keep scribbling away on the forum as I have done for the past fifteen years...

Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Twenty years is a long time to survive in any business. The average lifespan of a business is 8.6 years in this country. Only 25% of business make it past 15 years. Apparently there is much to negotiate in running any business be it a large business or a small business.

I think you have managed it by focusing on good content and being consistent about it. You set a high bar from the outset and have stuck to it.

On a personal note I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you...and well played. You've done so incredibly well.

Meanwhile I will keep scribbling away on the forum as I have done for the past fifteen years...
              Well put, stotty!
              And "15 years on the forum" -- you deserve a medal as well <g>.
              Enjoy your posts.
              Last edited by jimlosaltos; 03-11-2024, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Great run, my man. You were the first to ever publish me. For that I am eternally grateful. To another 20 my friend!!

Comment

Congratulations to the best tennis instructional content on the internet!

Comment

Hello John,
                    Over the many years that I have been a subscriber, I have greatly enjoyed the articles published in your magazine. They have been a great source of information and inspiration. A few days ago, I returned home from Turkey after participating in the ITF World Team Masters Championships. I was on Team USA’s four man Men 70 team. There were 18 nations competing in this age category. In our first match we lost a close match against the third seeded Netherlands. We went on to defeat India, Portugal, and Spain to win the consolation event. It was an incredible experience playing on the red clay and meeting so many wonderful people. This was the first time I had played for Team USA, and it was especially exciting for me because I had the honor of playing number one singles in all four matches. (I was able to win two of my four matches). Anyway, I just want to thank you for all the wonderful articles that have inspired and educated me on my tennis journey.

Sincerely,

Norman Ashbrooke

Comment

Norman,
                      Love to hear all of that!
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by ten1050 View Post
                        Hello John,
                        Over the many years that I have been a subscriber, I have greatly enjoyed the articles published in your magazine. They have been a great source of information and inspiration. A few days ago, I returned home from Turkey after participating in the ITF World Team Masters Championships. I was on Team USA’s four man Men 70 team. There were 18 nations competing in this age category. In our first match we lost a close match against the third seeded Netherlands. We went on to defeat India, Portugal, and Spain to win the consolation event. It was an incredible experience playing on the red clay and meeting so many wonderful people. This was the first time I had played for Team USA, and it was especially exciting for me because I had the honor of playing number one singles in all four matches. (I was able to win two of my four matches). Anyway, I just want to thank you for all the wonderful articles that have inspired and educated me on my tennis journey.

Sincerely,

Norman Ashbrooke
                        Great story. Congrats!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3153 users online. 6 members and 3147 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X