X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don_budge
    replied
    Originally posted by ten1050 View Post
    This may sound odd, but the straight arm forehand cured my tennis elbow. About ten years ago, I was suffering from tennis elbow or to be more precise golfer’s elbow. I have never played golf. Anyway, I went to the physical therapist for some treatment, and the therapist recommended hitting the ball with a straight arm. I did not believe this would be helpful, however I was desperate, and I was willing to try anything. Incredibly it worked, and I have not had any elbow problems. I may have mentioned this before, but I thought it might be worth repeating.
    How did things go in Turkey? Did you go?

Leave a comment:

• ten1050
    replied
    This may sound odd, but the straight arm forehand cured my tennis elbow. About ten years ago, I was suffering from tennis elbow or to be more precise golfer’s elbow. I have never played golf. Anyway, I went to the physical therapist for some treatment, and the therapist recommended hitting the ball with a straight arm. I did not believe this would be helpful, however I was desperate, and I was willing to try anything. Incredibly it worked, and I have not had any elbow problems. I may have mentioned this before, but I thought it might be worth repeating.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Good point.

Leave a comment:

• bobbyswift
    replied
    I totally understand that most are bent/ bent but I don’t like what that does to extension.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    bobby,
    What about the women?

Leave a comment:

• bobbyswift
    replied
    I think it matters more on the backhand. definitely prefer straight/bent.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yeah I am with you let the player find the arm configuration...

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    I tend to let players do what comes natural to them and don't coach straight arm or double bend. It's an avenue I never go down. I guess the straight arm has been shown to be the better of the two by Rafa and Roger, probably the two best forehands ever.

By the way I have a straight arm forehand and it's the worst shot in my entire game. So doesn't work for everyone...

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Not sure. Not a reason to go one way or the other though.

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    John, do you think the straight arm is harder to adjust for unpredictable bounces on clay or grass versus the double bend or irrelevant?

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Do Hitting Arm Positions Really Matter?

Do Hitting Arm Positions Really Matter?

Would love to get your thoughts on my latest article, "Do Hitting Arm Positions Really Matter?"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7721 users online. 5 members and 7716 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X