Monte Carlo, ATP 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stroke View Post
    Tsitsipas was very fortunate. Tsitsipas was serving 3r set at 1-3, with a breakpoint for Sinner. He double faulted(it was clearly out, confirmed by Hawkeye 7 ml out, right under the umpires nose) but it was not called. Tsitsipas ended up holding for 2-3, where he should have been down 1-4. Sinner handled the situation better than anyone else would have, but it was certainly unfair.
    Just saw that. Shame. Anybody can miss one, but the umpire didn't even come down from the chair.

Insert/ ELC "impact" ball mark - score of deuce is after call on ad out.

filedata/fetch?id=104000&d=1713035265&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

Just saw that. Shame. Anybody can miss one, but the umpire didn't even come down from the chair.

Insert/ ELC "impact" ball mark - score of deuce is after call on ad out.

filedata/fetch?id=104000&d=1713035265&type=thumb
      It was too late for a ball mark check. The point, won by Tsitsipas. was over after a short rally. Sinner pointed out the mark/missed call. All Sinner could have done, after the missed call by the linesman AND the chair umpire, was stop the point, but it would have had to have been a lightning quick decision by him. This is all on the chair umpire to me. She had a perfect view, right under her nose. It is certainly time to me for all tournaments to go to ELC.

Comment

It's unfortunate Sinner got injured. Despite the dodgy call he would almost certainly have run away with the third set one feels. The kid is unreal at the moment. I haven't heard any news on the knee yet but I'm really hoping it's nothing too serious.

As for Novak, you feel these 1000 events are just a limbering up exercise for him. It's become about peaking at the right time. It's all about the Olympics...let's face it there's nothing else to win.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
          It's unfortunate Sinner got injured. Despite the dodgy call he would almost certainly have run away with the third set one feels. The kid is unreal at the moment. I haven't heard any news on the knee yet but I'm really hoping it's nothing too serious.

As for Novak, you feel these 1000 events are just a limbering up exercise for him. It's become about peaking at the right time. It's all about the Olympics...let's face it there's nothing else to win.
          Certainly agree, but in addition to the Olympics, I think he does want the FO, and ALL Majors. He just seems to really like winning Majors still.

Comment

Sinner Responds to Umpire Mistake at Monte Carlo 2024 | Tennis News https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKvcEMZnmw

Comment

Comment

Quite the well played match by Tsitsipas. I would like to know the spin rates for the match of those guys forehands.

Comment

He is in good company.

Comment

Tsitsipas reverted to the platform stance. Percentage in seems down (which is understandable, given all the changes) today only 48% in, but he's more offensive and his serve is setting up his forehand. temmistv.

filedata/fetch?id=104009&d=1713119391&type=thumb

Comment

Quite the well played match by Tsitsipas. I would like to know the spin rates for the match of those guys forehands.
                      Sorry. Checked ATP "Court Vision" as well as TennisTV and neither had spin - presumably because HawkEye was not used to call lines. Perhaps fewer cameras were there. {But that also calls into question the reviews they show of where balls landed. If they couldn't even record spin, creating an accurate simulation of the landing spot is IMHO dubious.

Comment

Also, follows his mother, who won a juniors title there. Hope there's a plaque for her but I can't find an image of it.

"The 22-year-old told reporters he was six when he came to the club for the first time with his mother, Julia Salnikova, who won a junior title at the same venue in 1981."

Comment

Here is the "Race to Turin: Live Ranking", i.e. ATP points for this calendar year only.
                          Eventually, the regular rankings and this live one converge at year's end.

Of note: Two one-handers <g>, No Americans (Paul is highest US player), Djokovic, with zero titles, is down to 9, nothing that a slam title or three can't fix, Alcaraz is down to 5 and is also out of Barcelona (right arm pronator muscle).

Sorry for the blurry bold face type, the ATP's new web site design includes some bad HTML design, among other issues.

filedata/fetch?id=104014&d=1713131329&type=thumb
                          Last edited by jimlosaltos; 04-14-2024, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Barcelona is going to be interesting with the king of clay back.

Comment

Comment

Monte Carlo was all about forehands. Forehands from everywhere.

ATP ranking of forehand "quality" during the event.

filedata/fetch?id=104020&d=1713199374&type=thumb

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9726 users online. 5 members and 9721 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X