Beautiful examples of Brian Gordon's technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful examples of Brian Gordon's technique

Click on "Tennis Videos - Google Drive" for 6 short videos that beautifully demonstrates Brian Gordon's teaching method. Would love comments and thoughts.
    Last edited by seano; 04-28-2024, 04:44 PM.

I don't think I've ever seen a female player hit a backhand with two super straight straight arms like that in the takeback. It's quite interesting. Usually you see much more bend in the arms like here with Serena and Coco which gets you more speed from rotation. I actually don't think I've even seen a male players with a takeback quite like this. Any idea what the rationale is behind the locked straight arms here so far away from the body?

It does look like she's hitting it quite hard though with the straight arms on contact. And the extension and drive through the ball is wonderful.

twohander.jpg
    Last edited by johnyandell; 04-28-2024, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I love the forehand. You see the "flip" with the external shoulder rotation and the pulling of the racket through the slot. She's also hitting the ball well in front of her body..
      Last edited by jeffreycounts; 04-28-2024, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Points of interest on BG's technique.
        I) Serve - Notice the hesitation point and how the legs driving up and racquet drop are synchronized.
        2) FH - Straight hitting arm in backswing as well as the contact point. Hand is far away from the body in the backswing, which allows for more "lag" from the shoulder/arm at the start of the forward swing (creates a greater "flip"). Racquet stays on hitting side of the body.
        3) BH - very early preparation in the backswing with a straight right arm ( not sure if there's a slight bend of the left arm). Left arm straight at contact with the right arm bent. Racquet stays on hitting side of the body.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9003 users online. 3 members and 9000 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X