Elbow Lead on 1HB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbow Lead on 1HB

I have a stubborn problem of my elbow coming out and leading on my 1-handed backhand. I read the "Classic Lesson" on this stroke and it mentioned that my problem is a common problem. It's true that it's almost as if I'm afraid to hit the shot (because it is so unreliable for me) and then out of fear that elbow pops out.

The remedy that I found in that article was something to the effect of using my off hand to place the racquet correctly, but if I do this and lock my elbow early it is a very weird stroke (or nearly lock it).

Could anyone offer further advice?

Thank you
    Aaron

Maybe not "lock" as in rigid, but totally straightened out at the elbow, yes. If it feels weird then that just shows how far off the stroke has been.

BUT probably you aren't turning or are turning really late. That's usually where this problem comes from. The shoulders need to be 90 degrees to the net, and most of that occurs before any arm movement.

The arm should be STRAIGHT at the bottom of the backswing before the ball bounces on your side. Try starting from this correct position first!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2418 users online. 5 members and 2413 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X