Forehand Volley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forehand Volley

Everytime I look at that article, It JUST MAKES ME SICK!!!!
    How can it be so easy for these guys to hit an excellant volley almost every time? The only time I"ve ever hit a volley like these guys [if I have] was by accident. Please don't publish any more of these articles that make it look so easy. I went out and played 5 sets of doubles after viewing the article and was extremely confident and ready to hit some great volleys. It just didn't happen. I'm tempted to just give it up.
    But, then what would I do for fun??
    Seriously keep it up and I will keep trying. What I think would be great would be for you to publish a list of pros that subscribe to tennisplayer. That way we subscribers could contact one in our area.
    I really don't like to take lessons from most pros anymore because they seem to almost always contradict the wisdom I have received from tennisplayer.
    Can't wait to see the next article on the forehand volley. Maybe by next month, I will have at least started on the right road, with the right foot.
    Mike

I think the key is here is to try to make changes in steps.

You can't read an article on Tennisplayer, go out and transform a stroke in the middle of a match.

I've written about this (as well as many other writers) and it bears repeating.
    If you can't execute the swing perfectly without the ball, you can't do it on an easy practice feed. If you can't do it on a practice feed, you can't do it in a drill. If you can't do it in a drill, you can't do it in a match.

There are about 10 levels here. The trick is to work back and forth and build up.

Right now there are over 20,000 coaches worldwide with access to Tennisplayer. That doesn't mean many (or more realistically any) agree with most, much less everything written here.

And that's exciting. We still have a lot to learn and there is plenty of room for dialogue. But if the input of a particular coach feels counterintuitive for your game--there's at least a chance it is.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2415 users online. 7 members and 2408 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X