Martina Hingis was banned for two years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martina Hingis was banned for two years

Just want to hear some thoughts about Martina Hingis was banned for two years testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon last year. For me this really hurts women tennis.... The WTA should have pulled aside and told her to stay retired and leave it at that... Cocaine is not an enhancing performance drug and what she did really was hurt herself(if she even did it at all). I traveled with the WTA tour for a while and I can tell you that it would have been very easy to drop something into some of those pro's food or drink .... Martina is one of tennis Grand Slam champions and to have all this come out like this truly will hurt women tennis for a long time...These WTA officials really got their brains up their asses to let this happen ... It doesn't do the sport any good,so why do it..
    WHAT DO YOU THINK??? KAL

I want to know about the hair test she claims she did that proved she hadn't done cocaine. But even so, were it true, I just don't see it as a huge deal.
    Sad, mainly. If they banned every adult in the their mid 20s from his or her job for two years for doing one line of cocaine the work force would be devasted.

I've always been a fan and will stay that way! Check out the Young Martina music video. She really had something--and does--a great strong free spirit.

Comment

I suppose that the WTA has some rule somewhere about bringing the sport into disrepute. But I have real misgivings about this ban. Unless someone can show that there is a performance enhancing element in Martina's behaviour, this sounds more like an issue for the civil authorities and the police. I would be very surprised if they were at all concerned.

cc

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2431 users online. 3 members and 2428 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X