Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joker wins

Wow, what an exciting match!
    His overall unrelenting, solid, and aggressive style was just too much for Tsonga this time, but Tsonga will get better with some more experience playing these big tourneys. I love the way Tsonga can take a ball early, on the rise and drive it so forcefully deep into a corner. After rallying a couple, he sees the right one to drive deep, then justs executes it so cleanly. Mixing that with his serves, overheads, and hands at net-- and you have a big time player.

Congrats to the Joker though! (this time anyway)
    Last edited by airforce1; 01-27-2008, 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling, what else,hahaha

Originally posted by airforce1 View Post
    Wow, what an exciting match!
    His overall unrelenting, solid, and aggressive style was just too much for Tsonga this time, but Tsonga will get better with some more experience playing these big tourneys. I love the way Tsonga can take a ball early, on the rise and drive it so forcefully deep into a corner. After rallying a couple, he sees the right one to drive deep, then justs executes it so cleanly. Mixing that with his serves, overheads, and hands at net-- and you have a big time player.

Congrats to the Joker though! (this time anyway)
    I like how Tsonga can flatten the ball along with the depth of his shots. Makes for very aggressive tennis. I was also really impressed by his net game - he has excellent technique and great instincts. With his game, I think he will be a real force at Wimbledon.

The Joker has tremendous mental toughness and confidence, but his game, at least for me, is not as creative or as fun to watch. It will be interesting to see what happens the next time the Joker and Federer meet up. I have a feeling things will be pretty intense!

Comment

Jeff, I couldn't agree more. We've got 3 guys that are going to be real serious every time they face off over the next year.

If Tsonga can continue what he started down under, well,
      that would make 4!

Will be so fun for us to watch as Federer takes on the challenges that face him this year. Think he will get back to more coaching?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2510 users online. 6 members and 2504 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X