Djokovic: The Importance of Depth in Men's Professional Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djokovic: The Importance of Depth in Men's Professional Tennis

Novak showed throughout the tournament that consistent depth wears down any opponent. His heavy, high net-clearing balls combined with his athleticism broke down Federer and Tsonga--explosive players with conservative grips, but flatter trajectory balls that tend to land short. Rafa, though his ball has good net clearance, struggles with depth and routinely left balls sitting up for Tsonga during their semifinals match. The importance of consistently getting both depth and 2-3 feet of net clearance was made clear to me during my week long stay in Palm Desert last year during the Pacific Life Open. Novak took it to another level at this year's Australian Open. Bravo Novak--keep up the great work.
    Last edited by lukman41985; 01-27-2008, 11:37 AM.

lukman, I agree with you on what a great job Nole did with his depth thru every match I saw. I can't count the number of times he hit the back 4-6 inches of the court 3 and 4 times in a rally.
    I must admit I had concern over whether he could keep it up to such tight specs during every match, especially with Tsonga's extra little zip that he added so often. So much for my concerns, eh? haha
    I also didn't realize he was 6' 3", as he moves like he is under 6 foot.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2803 users online. 6 members and 2797 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X