Weight transfer on serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight transfer on serve

When should the weight start to transfer when serving? I have been starting to transfer my weight when my tossing arm starts to go up. I have been starting to wonder if I should hold the transfer and then after the toss release just bend my knees down with equal weight distribution and then push up and out to the ball.

Ralph

For starters are you using a platform or a pinpoint stance?

Comment

Serve weight transfer

I use a platform stance.

Ralph

Comment

Check out this link:

You see something similar with Federer. The arms drop and the weight is equal, almost like the player is just standing there, then as the toss goes up, the knees bend. And here is where I think the term wieght shift gets people in trouble.

Yes, it does shift forward more to the front. But if you simply drop your weight and let your knees bend this shift will happen appropriately.

Again, and I say this over and over, there is a flawed assumption in all this "issue specific" advice which is why you guys need to send us video. I could be telling you something that turns out to be a waste of both your time and mine--to say nothing of helping your serve.

It's virtually impossible to say whether weight shift or knee bend or any other issue is the right thing to look at or whether it's the right time based on a verbal question. I can't tell you how many players I have seen who wanted advice on certain issues but had more basic problems that made the question irrelevant...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2377 users online. 6 members and 2371 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X