Murray's forehand-technically ugly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray's forehand-technically ugly?

I am not impressed by murrays forehand at all. I think it is one of the uglier forehands on tour. I'd like to hear any comments on this....(and please dont be defending murray bc/ u like him. Strictly form related responses plz)

Url?

Originally posted by brett701 View Post
    I am not impressed by murrays forehand at all. I think it is one of the uglier forehands on tour. I'd like to hear any comments on this....(and please dont be defending murray bc/ u like him. Strictly form related responses plz)
    Please provide URL at TENNISplayer

Comment

As a frame of reference who do you consider as having a "pretty" forehand?

Comment

Video of Murray's forehand

At that link theres video of several Murray forehands.

It looks fairly modern...not a whole lot of wrist layback, nor aggressive shoulder supination on the unit turn leading into the shot Not as explosive as Federer or Gonzalez (with their really aggressive kinetic chains--Federer's looser, Gonzalez' more muscular), but certainly not among the ugliest of pro forehands (say, Edberg w/ backhand grip, or Connors' when returning a sliced cross-court backhand from Borg--usually by hitting it down the line and into the net).

Best
        AO

Comment

Is Orehand Ugly?

Is spanish forehand ugly?
          Last edited by uspta146749877; 03-13-2008, 09:28 AM. Reason: mispelled

Comment

The Connor"s forehand

Originally posted by oliensis View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZzU-VvQQk

It looks fairly modern...not a whole lot of wrist layback, nor aggressive shoulder supination on the unit turn leading into the shot Not as explosive as Federer or Gonzalez (with their really aggressive kinetic chains--Federer's looser, Gonzalez' more muscular), but certainly not among the ugliest of pro forehands (say, Edberg w/ backhand grip, or Connors' when returning a sliced cross-court backhand from Borg--usually by hitting it down the line and into the net).

Best
            AO
            I would like to ask you: DO NOT mention the Connor's forehand

Comment

UGLY is in the eyes of beholder

Which part is ugly? Backswing?

Comment

No Murray at the stroke archive

Best
                AO
                Murray did NOT make to Stroke Archive

Comment

Spanish Forehand

Best
                  AO
                  See as well ANOTHER thread THIS FORUM about SPANISH FOREHAND

Comment

Ugly or not, we will have Murray's forehand, and the rest of his game, in the stroke archive--god willing if we can film him at Indian Wells this year.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to address with my filming protocols thread. Anyhow, if you look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNFx...eature=related
                      you'll notice that Andy has a tendency to hit a lot of drives, even when normal rally situations would call for an arc (Brett Hobden's terms). What does that mean? Low net clearance and lack of depth. Implications? Tendency for Murray to get counter-attacked. Fortunately, Andy has a GREAT slice backhand and nice wheels.

Please, let's not talk about aesthetics, but only effectiveness. The ball doesn't know what you look like when you hit it...

Comment

Originally posted by jperedo View Post
                        As a frame of reference who do you consider as having a "pretty" forehand?
                        Federer lol... im pretty picky.. henin has a nice forehand as well. i also like tsongas forehand.

Comment

Originally posted by lukman41985 View Post
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to address with my filming protocols thread. Anyhow, if you look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpNFx...eature=related
                          you'll notice that Andy has a tendency to hit a lot of drives, even when normal rally situations would call for an arc (Brett Hobden's terms). What does that mean? Low net clearance and lack of depth. Implications? Tendency for Murray to get counter-attacked. Fortunately, Andy has a GREAT slice backhand and nice wheels.

Please, let's not talk about aesthetics, but only effectiveness. The ball doesn't know what you look like when you hit it...
                          Aesthetics has to do do with efficient form. so it should be talked about.

Comment

Best
                            AO

I agree with your reply. I've been watching some video on it and trying to cue in on exactly what i dislike and like.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                              Ugly or not, we will have Murray's forehand, and the rest of his game, in the stroke archive--god willing if we can film him at Indian Wells this year.
                              that would be awesome. and potentially we can compare it to blakes. They both seem to do a bit of the same stiff arm precontact with very little wrist layback.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2552 users online. 4 members and 2548 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X