No announcement yet.

UPWORD or OUTWORD? is the key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the jugs machine stickman refers to is what they use to measure the pitchers fastball at home plate in baseball. It may also have been used by law enforcement at one time for speeding tickets, although I think they have mostly moved away from that method.(not sure, not important either)

Stickman, you have found some of the same frustrations in measurement that we have gone thru, and never really solved

and I don't think u can short of getting out there on the same courts as the pros, cause all that really matters on this is relativity, RIGHT? It seems they have the best system out there and it picks up the speed of the ball right quick off the racket. That is critical since the ball begins to slow dramaticly right away, all the way to half speed at the normal return spot. Even more back there where they move to get Andy's bombs.

Of course I think once again you have gotten the important thing. You seem to have picked up 10-15% relative to the measurement you are using; by adjusting to the deep racket drop with delayed elbow extension. It has worked for you and you may improve more as you get more comfy and natural with it!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2426 users online. 6 members and 2420 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X