No announcement yet.

Your strokes ... My Strokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is that the racket turnover should be more subtle. It caught my eye as off, so I went to look at some of Fed's clips and while I saw some degree of turnover, as you call it, I don't think it was to the extent you exhibit.

I think in match play it would be difficult to consistently pull that off. You do look to do a nice job with it in the clips though. Great job of keeping the head still too.

Comment

Yea it's not something ive ever seen, but no body had ever seen the racket head tourn over like the Federer forehand.

So in my opinion it not actually the stroke that produces the ball. its what the racket head is doing at contact, and through on.

So if you can create the same racket head speed, with the came motion at contact , you creat the same ball, right?

I dont allways think inside the box. Id prefer to be on the out side looking in. lol!!

But in reality i am creating the same ball off my backhand that i am off my forehand! with just a little less spin. But that is due to my very consertive grip.

When i go more under the handle i hit with as much spin as with my old full weastern forehand. But just dont drive it as well.

Keep in mind in not hitting agensed fed ball bull shi@ i set my ball machene on max spin with max pace, so it says it going 60 with max spin. And most of the time the ball at my head.

So i dont have all the kinks worked out yet, i only tryed it 2 week ago.

Ill have some footage with my more extreme grip, later today.
      Last edited by stickman; 05-06-2008, 08:25 AM.

Comment

request for clarification

Originally posted by stickman View Post
        Yea it's not something ive ever seen, but no body had ever seen the racket head tourn over like the Federer forehand.

So in my opinion it not actually the stroke that produces the ball. its what the racket head is doing at contact, and through on.

So if you can create the same racket head speed, with the came motion at contact , you creat the same ball, right?

I dont allways think inside the box. Id prefer to be on the out side looking in. lol!!

But in reality i am creating the same ball off my backhand that i am off my forehand! with just a little less spin. But that is due to my very consertive grip.

When i go more under the handle i hit with as much spin as with my old full weastern forehand. But just dont drive it as well.

Keep in mind in not hitting agensed fed ball bull shi@ i set my ball machene on max spin with max pace, so it says it going 60 with max spin. And most of the time the ball at my head.

So i dont have all the kinks worked out yet, i only tryed it 2 week ago.

Ill have some footage with my more extreme grip, later today.
        --->
        what do you mean by the phrase
        "with the came motion at contact"?
        With the same motion at contact?

Comment

I think that many of your backhands will be outside the box if your racket face is moving like it was in yours vids, lol.

If you are intending to set a more closed face and hold it thru contact, you may be on to something, but in your vids, the face continues to close during impact. If your forehand does this too, then i don't believe it will have the consistency to have a good shot tolerance number of strokes either.

Comment

Yes that was a spelling error.

With the same motion at contact.

Comment

my observation is this, based on that particular camera angle - your racquet tip is pointing behind you (ie- toward left side fence) at the top of your takeback. Fed's tip doesn't point in that direction until he begins the forward swing.
              From what I know of elastic energy, this causes you to lose some potential elastic energy in your upper arm's internal rotation (ie-windshield wiping). So basically most of the windshield wipe is "muscled". It's kind of like vertical jumping from a standstill, instead of doing a hop and then jumping.
              Last edited by jperedo; 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Are you talking Forehand? Backhand?

And which camera view?

Comment

Sorry - forehand, "multiple shots".

Comment

I like that jumping analigy!

It would make sence, However i hit the ball pretty hard, and i dont use a whole lot of energy.

But thats deffinitly something ill experiment with in the next couple of days.

Cleaning up my back swing .
                    Last edited by stickman; 05-10-2008, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2440 users online. 7 members and 2433 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X