radar guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radar guns

Any suggestions on what the best radar set up is?

Also, maybe what is the best one for the price?

thanks,

You should spend some time reading other posts

Originally posted by airforce1 View Post

thanks,
    Please see the post by Mr.Stickman
    -----> the beginning of the post
    While i have no factual evidence, of theses 2 topics. in terms of multiple suggestions by weel know tennis minds.

I do have this , i have never been a gye who served any bigger than 120 on most radar guns, EVER!!! However in the past days i have practicing the detayed forearm extension, and more forced pronation, through the ball.
    And some how i went from a gye who never in his life served over 123 "Record" To yesterday i was boming serves over 130 Regularly I even hit one 136, For God sakes!

So maby theses 2 factors caused me to do something different ? but they worked for me and I havent hit 100 serves yet, so there has to be some releveance.

I think your right on , weather they catch on or not, maby its because you caught it first and it seems so simple! No mumbo jumbo just look and see it.
    ----> the end of the post

Comment

Originally posted by uspta146749877 View Post
      Please see the post by Mr.Stickman
      -----> the beginning of the post
      While i have no factual evidence, of theses 2 topics. in terms of multiple suggestions by weel know tennis minds.

I do have this , i have never been a gye who served any bigger than 120 on most radar guns, EVER!!! However in the past days i have practicing the detayed forearm extension, and more forced pronation, through the ball.
      And some how i went from a gye who never in his life served over 123 "Record" To yesterday i was boming serves over 130 Regularly I even hit one 136, For God sakes!

So maby theses 2 factors caused me to do something different ? but they worked for me and I havent hit 100 serves yet, so there has to be some releveance.

I think your right on , weather they catch on or not, maby its because you caught it first and it seems so simple! No mumbo jumbo just look and see it.
      ----> the end of the post
      ---> the begining of the second quote by Mr.Stickman
      Believe it was "jugs" im not exactly sure, i know not all radar guns are entirely accurate. But it was a multisport radar gun used by the high school baseball team, i also know it was around 800 $ which dosent mean it the best but im sure its pretty accutate.

And ya there was only a few certian spots were it could register , id hit one and it would say 109 and then he move and shoot it from another spot and it say 129, so its possible that it could he inaccurate.

But i was playing with a player in flordia who trained at img for a few years and hit with max the beast and said my serve had very close to the same volicity, i believe he his in the high 120s, and low 130s.

If you were going to bye a radar gun which would you suggest? And is it better to use a tripod to shoot the ball? In order to get the most accurate reading, because most dont even register. Or they register the ball long after its left the racket.
      ----> the end of the second quote by Mr.Stickman

Comment

Dear Sheppard-1,

thanks,
        Could u advise on guns listed
        at

please see the info.
        The speedtrac will even measure the spped of 150 miles per hour
        ---->
        The Speedtrac Xtreme is the newest generation of Speedtrac Sports Radar Gun.
        The Speedtrac X Sports Radar features
        Enhanced Advanced Digital Processing
        Newly Engineered 2 Layer PCB Board
        New Software that increases the ability to identify and track a target
        SpeedTracX Sports Radar Unit is non Hand Held
        Can be Mounted on any Standard Camera Tripod
        Boasts the same technology as in Police Radar Guns
        Speedchek is easy to use for a broad range of Sports Training and Personal Applications
        Great Coaching Tool !!!!!!
        THE MOST INEXPENSIVE RADAR UNIT AVAILABLE TODAY!!!!
        * 6.5" high x 7" wide x 2.3" - 1.1lbs.
        * Utilizes integrated X-Band Doppler radar speed measurement technology.
        * Radar clocks speeds up to 150 mph of 199 km/h (selectable)
        * Portable compact design is easy to carry anywhere
        * Large red 2-1/2 inch digital LED numbers display your speed.
        * Has speed recall feature for last recorded speed
        * Weighs only 1.1 pounds (500g) - without batteries
        * Built - in carrying handle and stand.
        * Operates on 4 C Batteries or AC adpater
        Last edited by uspta146749877; 05-02-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

How do you place a gun on a tripod?

thanks,
          Dear Sir,
          sorry asking a moronic question.
          How do you place a gun on a tripod?
          i.e how a server would avoid destroying my valuble $800 tripod?

Comment

that is a challenge since the ball needs to be as direct to the radar as possible for best accuracy.
            ie.. a wide serve may only measure 125, but the same serve down the t may have been 130.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2437 users online. 6 members and 2431 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X