• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your strokes my strokes new forehand

New forehand

Multiple shots side View

Front view

On edge looks funny?

For some reason i thought i was hitting with a bent bent hitting arm configuration? It's feels bent, sometimes it is, sometimes it's not. It's puzzling.
    Last edited by stickman; 06-20-2008, 06:43 PM.

I worked on hitting with a bent bent for the past month. So that i could keep the racket in the same finish position.

Buy having multiple finish positions, i found it incredibley difficult to be very consistant.

So i came to the conclusion that by having only one finishing position, nothing could ever go wrong.

Which was right because all of a sudden i just cant misss anything.

With that in mind, i could just change the angle the racket approches the ball, still hit the same position. Alowing me to very the amount of spin i hit with. Without forcing me to make drastic finish changes.

It sounded logicle to me in my mind, but i also thought i was hitting with a total bent bent?!.,:"!

Comment

I wouldn't say it's truly on edge like Henman hitting a flatter forehand, but again the utube clips are close to useless for any type of detailed analysis.

There is variation, then there is variation for the sake of variation.

Every player should figure out what there basic drive is going to be when you get the ball at your preferred contact height and how much spin you are going to hit when you are going for it at what speed.

Now the hand rotation comes into play as the ball varies. Lower, higher, wider, shorter, etc, or when you are trying to dip, loop, hit short angles. Again in most cases you can get a feel for how much to do when so that every shot isn't a total freelance.

Comment

I totally understand , however i dont try to use hand and arm rotation... it just kinda happens.

I dont know when i use more or less? In terms of the exact amount of rotation im going to use based on a particular shot.

I dont even pay attention.

When i want to hit an angle, i hit an angle, when i want to hit it flat, i hit it flat, i can hit all the shots, however it kinda just happens.

The one picture of me hitting with the racket on edge was a singleure shot that was an accident, it just looked different that all the other ones so i cliped it out.

What would be the best editing program for this website? Quicktime pro?

Comment

Go to Teaching Systems and read the articles on Using the Resources on Tennisplayer. More to come on that topic later.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2353 users online. 9 members and 2344 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X