Balance & Leg Conditioning for Volleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance & Leg Conditioning for Volleys

Can anyone recommend a handful of the best exercises for balance & legs on volleys?

From just doing lunges, squats, and sprints I'm already able to tell a difference in how much easier it is to remain balanced & low on volleys, but I would like to take it to the next level. Edberg, Sampras, and others seemed to have a significant leg bend and move around with such amazing balance and grace. I'd love to have that, and I suspect a lot of it is the result of conditioning once the mechanics of the volley are in place.

Thanks in advance for training ideas.

Conditioning for tennis

Originally posted by yemenmocha View Post
    Can anyone recommend a handful of the best exercises for balance & legs on volleys?

From just doing lunges, squats, and sprints I'm already able to tell a difference in how much easier it is to remain balanced & low on volleys, but I would like to take it to the next level. Edberg, Sampras, and others seemed to have a significant leg bend and move around with such amazing balance and grace. I'd love to have that, and I suspect a lot of it is the result of conditioning once the mechanics of the volley are in place.

Thanks in advance for training ideas.
    go to www.humankinetics.com
    check out the DVD "Conditioning for tennis"

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Comment

We are here to serve

Originally posted by yemenmocha View Post
        Thanks for the link.
        We are here to serve -pun intended

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2597 users online. 6 members and 2591 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X