Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did the link help?

Comment

I came across a couple of interesting posts, but there's an awful lot to scan. How do you search it?

Comment

when you get to the message board you will see a category for strings and stringing. click on that it will give all the threads . above to the right you will see search this forum . click on that and type string tension meter. p.s. the search categpory at the very top will search all the forums and really give you long list that may not be relavant .good luck!!!!!

Comment

llll, you are right -- there's a lot there -- way more than I will read.

Finally, my attempts at searches worked. Previously, I kept getting told that nothing could be found.

I'm glad that I posted here about fading string tension. I've learned a lot, and others may realize that they are playing with strings down in the 40s, even 30s, and what to do about it. I'm surprised that the racquet and string makers do not advise stringing tighter to arrive at recommended tensions. Or do some of them? Only once have I heard a stringer recommend it, and that was only because I led him into a discussion about it.

Comment

answer to question i do not know BUT do manufacturers put their recommended string tensions knowing theat the loss of tension will occur or is it the amount of initial stress to the frame they wish to limit?

Comment

tenniswarehouse forum is a place to post

Originally posted by llll View Post
              answer to question i do not know BUT do manufacturers put their recommended string tensions knowing theat the loss of tension will occur or is it the amount of initial stress to the frame they wish to limit?
              Latter

You may send E-mail to
              info@tennis-warehouse.com

as well
              Last edited by uspta146749877; 08-05-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Just for fun, I downloaded and tried a free software program that measures string tension via sound waves. You have to plug in a few factors related to your string type and thickness. I've found it to be fairly accurate. As others have said, the string meter device is not for measuring actual string tension but for measuring the amount of tension loss over time.

Comment

Fairly accurate?

Originally posted by mudslinger View Post
                  Just for fun, I downloaded and tried a free software program that measures string tension via sound waves. You have to plug in a few factors related to your string type and thickness. I've found it to be fairly accurate. As others have said, the string meter device is not for measuring actual string tension but for measuring the amount of tension loss over time.

http://marc.roettig.org/tennis/freqmess.php
                  Hi,
                  an interesting question is:
                  how do you know the program is fairly accurate?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2597 users online. 8 members and 2589 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X